Boiler Room in Phoenix AZ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Boiler Room in Phoenix AZ

So I know it won't be the same, but I want to start something similar. Not to broadcast or anything, but more for the actual concept. Bunch of DJ's and friends get together once a week in a chill intimate setting where we just lay some new tracks down, mess around, have some brews and talk gear and tracks. Not even at a club or anything, was thinking at like a house setting. Thoughts? Anyone on here from Phoenix even?

Tech Guru

Get a bunch of friends who DJ round to your place and start mixing then? This is how being a DJ works, it's not and never was a solitary thing.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Wizard

Thats the thing. If I was still in San Diego it wouldn't be a problem, but I am new to the Phoenix area and am looking to source out something on here.

I know there's a few people from AZ on the forums, and I'm in Downtown Phx myself. Whereabouts in the Valley are you, and what type of scene are you looking for?

Tech Wizard

I am out in Gilbert. As far as scene for a boiler room, I don't want to put any restrictions on it. I enjoy all types of music and am always down to play all types of stuff... Except folk metal... That's shits just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDreau View Post
    I am out in Gilbert. As far as scene for a boiler room, I don't want to put any restrictions on it. I enjoy all types of music and am always down to play all types of stuff... Except folk metal... That's shits just weird.
    Cool, cool. I grew up in Mesa so very familiar with the area, but moved to downtown Phoenix a few years ago. If you're looking to connect with locals in the scene and network, you'll need to make it out to either Tempe/Scottsdale/Phoenix. Unfortunately, in terms of night life, it's all but non-existent in the East Valley minus the random sports bars here and there. We have a pretty good collective of DJs in the valley, but most are located in the areas mentioned above. I'd highly recommend jumping on Facebook, and start joining some of our local EDM groups as that's where everyone is most active. Sent you a PM with my info.

Tech Wizard

Thanks man, and responded too. Yeah I have hooked up with a couple of guys in the scene out here so far. You're definitely right as far as looking for gigs out this way. Plenty of strip clubs looking for DJs around here though. Tried to get a couple of gigs playing some deep house at wine bars around here. One of which the guy is playing on a mixtrack pro with a pirated copy of virtual dj spinning 90's hip hop... Weirdest environment ever. Talked to the manager and the guy is a bus boy that works on shift and he's not looking to hire anyone outside.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by VooDreau View Post
    So I know it won't be the same, but I want to start something similar. Not to broadcast or anything, but more for the actual concept. Bunch of DJ's and friends get together once a week in a chill intimate setting where we just lay some new tracks down, mess around, have some brews and talk gear and tracks. Not even at a club or anything, was thinking at like a house setting. Thoughts? Anyone on here from Phoenix even?
    Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I'm interested for sure. If anyone else in the area is doing something similar I'd love to be included as none of my friends are into it.

Tech Convert

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm interested. I'm in Gilbert and the only person in my circle that is into the dj thing. I'm just interested in meeting up with some people that share the same interest, location isn't a huge issue.

Tech Wizard

Definitely man, we never really got things up and going but I am always down. My name's Chris, I'll send you a pm with my info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast