Traktor Pro 2 and Windows 8 issues

Default Traktor Pro 2 and Windows 8 issues

I know this has been posted about a few times, but I couldn't find any updated info.

I just purchased a new laptop for an amazing price during boxing day, but of course it came with Windows 8.

After the initial installation (haven't even tried my Kontrol S2 yet) I've noticed a couple key things. 1. It doesn't shut down properly. This has an easy fix through the task manager, ok not a deal breaker, but the second one is 2. An entire section of my mixer in the software is missing. Even though I've selected for them to be visible, I can't see the channel faders, "key" rotary faders, or the filters for all four decks, a,b,c,d. Instead, I see a black box where they should be.

I still have time to take this computer back, but it doesn't seem like I can pick up a windows 7 machine unless I shell out a lot more money because as we all know brand new windows 7 machines are few and far between now.

I'll try to upload a pic but it's not working right now.
    Last edited by tokenasianguy; 12-29-2013 at 10:51 PM.

After plugging in the controller it appears the blacked out sections of the mixer section appear, but I can't even get the controller to work with it even after running the setup wizard multiple times.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey dude,

You reported this to NI support desk?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey dude,

You reported this to NI support desk?
    Not yet.

If I can't get it up and running by tonight I'll probably call them tomorrow.

Turns out I just needed to download the latest version and the bugs were fixed.

Crisis averted.

Tech Guru

Have you got Windows 8.1 also? I know I had a few issues with my Windows 8 machine but it's all sorted now.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1