Running DVS with 'Boot Camp' on mac?

Default Running DVS with 'Boot Camp' on mac?

Hello all, my mate has reloop spin DVS (I think it's called that) and it's for PC only!

He has got his heart set on a 13" MBP (the new uni body one). So my question is, if he runs windows through boot camp on his mac will the reloop software work ok? Any possible issues?

I gave him the reloop software and hardware so I don't want him to go and blow over a grand on a mac to find it won't work anyway.

Any info would be sweet! Cheers.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Jack Bastard

It'll be absolutely fine, when a mac is running windows it's actually running windows. There's no emulation involved.

yeah,

if he ran it through a virtual pc then windows would be running inside OSX and it would eat up a lot of resources, but with bootcamp your booting straight into windows and not running OSX so should work fine.

k

Sweet! Cheers man
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

This would be very unlucky but he might have issues with some of the apple-packaged drivers inside the windows install for full-ish hardware support. I don't remember the specifics but they were mostly involving non critical parts that you can do very well without, so if that ever happens he should be able to work around it gracefully - just throwing that out there, just in case.

At least it's wayyy safer than doing the opposite - running OSX on a pc