Staying Humble
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staying Humble

Tech Mentor

Default Staying Humble

I've been following the career of one of my favorite Dj's Cut Chemist since the 90's. It started with Jurassic 5 and followed with his Latin funk group Ozomatli. I've seen him dozen's of times in various show's and settings. He can mix anything and everything.

On Black Friday he had a %50 off sale on everything in his store so I figured I'd show some support and pick up a few pieces of vinyl. I ordered 1 12" and doubles of another 12" to work on my juggles. The order came short one 12" so I sent them an email and they said they would get it sorted and apologized. A few weeks go by and I start to forget about it (the album was only maybe $4 no biggie). Recently I got another email saying there was a mixup with shipping and they were going to ship it Friday or Monday asking what time I'd be home. I told them I'd be home after 4 and said it wasn't necessary to spend so much money trying to ship a $4 record.

Last night I get a knock on the door around 9:15, I get up to answer the door thinking it was one of my daughters friends. Instead I open the door and it's Cut Chemist standing on my porch with my package saying "Happy New Year, here's your records with some extra's thrown in". I start stuttering like I'm a 10 year old girl meeting 1 Direction except I think it was a steady stream of "What the fuck?" and "Holy shit!". I said, "thanks" he said, "enjoy and sorry about the mixup" and I almost slammed the door on him. I forgot to take any photo's and I have maybe 7 albums I could have gotten signed for the memory but at the moment it was really bizarre and I couldn't think straight. I didn't even invite the poor guy in out of the cold or ask if he wanted to check the studio and cut it up. Oh well. I thanked him multiple times, shut the door and sat down on the couch. My wife say's "who was that?" me, "Cut Chemist delivering my record..." her,"WHAT THE FUCK?" Hopefully that was the reaction he hoped to get.

That's pretty sick dude

Great post brother! Wow!

Amaze balls. I think the kids still say that, right?

Very cool story.

Great story
    | http://cheef.tv - YouTube | Facebook - http://cheef.dj |

Tech Wizard

Awesome!
    TSP2.6.5 | Kontrol Z2 | Technics 1210M3D x2 | TMA-1 | Wharfedale 8.1 ProActive x2 | MacBookPro 8,1 (OSX 10.9 2.0GHz, i7, 8GB/1TB Hybrid)

If that story is true, and I'm not saying it's not, it's in the top 3 stories of human existence...The Big Bang, man landing on the moon, Cut Chemist hand delivering a botched order on New Years...maybe not even in that order.
    MacPro 8 core 16GB • 22" Cinema HD • 17" MacBook PRO 4GB • 2x Technics 1200 mk2 • 2x Eurolite flight cases • Numark 4TRAK • Vestax PMC-07 Pro • NI Traktor Kontrol F1 • NI Traktor Pro 2.6 • Ableton 9 Suite • Akai MPK49 • MDR-V700DJ hps • AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio hps • 2x KRK Rokit6 monitors G2 • 2x JBL LSR4328P professional monitors • Arturia MINILAB • Focusrite Saffire PRO14 • Blue SPARK mic • MASCHINE 2 with 2.2 • 1 mill-e-on VSTs

Tech Mentor

That's a great story.

Cool Story Bro!!!! no pics? 9:15am? i'm callin unkle Luke :P hahah

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kindaFAST View Post
    If that story is true, and I'm not saying it's not, it's in the top 3 stories of human existence...The Big Bang, man landing on the moon, Cut Chemist hand delivering a botched order on New Years...maybe not even in that order.
    It's not that big but it's definitely awesome. He was playing in San Fransisco the next night (I'm in So Cal) so it's not like he didn't have better shit to do than drop off a package. Crazy. Right after he left I thought "Doh! Why didn't I get a picture, who would believe this?" Oh well. My friend tweeted about it and he retweeted it saying something about his label has the best customer service. I agree, Dj Techtools is up there as well, of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast