Drum sample ID - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum sample ID

Quote Originally Posted by Sogyal View Post
    I know it's a basic drum pattern. I know how to recreate that drum pattern no problem, what I'm looking for though is the drum sounds, like the kick, hat and snare sounds that they used! That's why I was asking where I could find those drum sounds, I was hoping someone could lead me to the pack it's found in or something...
    The kicks may be 808s with short decay. The both have that low end with a snappy high/mid. The hats on both tracks are definitely layered. In the Filthy Rich track I definitely hear a shorter hat layered with the longer more natural sounding hat. There's also a 3rd layer with rides that comes in.

I know it's a basic drum pattern. I know how to recreate that drum pattern no problem, what I'm looking for though is the drum sounds, like the kick, hat and snare sounds that they used! That's why I was asking where I could find those drum sounds, I was hoping someone could lead me to the pack it's found in or something...
    They aren't all the same lmao. Its about taking a good kick that you like, beefing it up. Getting a snare you like. beefing that up, decay, reverb, get some hats that u like that fit with the kick and snare. delay and reverb these aswell and make sure all 3 are eq'ed properly and you can have a drum line that sounds like that lmao.

Tech Wizard

Default ID Drum loop?

Hey!

So I stumbled upon this track by Belocca and the drum loop that it uses are extremely familiar. I've heard those same drum loops being used by The Cube Guys a lot, as well as some other artist. I have been looking for these drum loops for a while now, but I've had no luck finding them unfortunately.

http://www.beatport.com/track/way-of...al-mix/3684801

If someone could point me into the right direction on where I could find those drums, that'd be awesome!

Thanks!

ill check this thread out over the weekend. Im at work and it doesnt allow flash
    WHen i get a chance ill see if i can actually replicate the drums for ya... no promises

so want the full sound of the drums?
    or do you want like the full length wit the break down where the drums fade out and its hats, cymbals and a shaker?

Because its actually TWO drum hits layerd
    a single hat on a short attack
    another hat with some resonance and decay which later pitches downward
    and a cymbal filtered

Tech Wizard

Yeah, the full sound would be epic! But what I'm wondering is where do these producers get these drum packs, because I've heard lots of artist use the same drum loops in their tracks.

there in lies the problem. you are assuming they are using a drum pack. As if they download all the same samples.
    That MIGHT be so but you have to understand something about production

Im sure you have a drum kick sample in your archive
    and you place it into a track to use as the KICK to a song. What about layering? What about tone? What about filtering?
    This is what happens in production and it could very well be all on a SINGLE drum hit, then repeated to a 4 count.

ill bet you already have the correct samples to use, that make this drum track.

Tech Wizard

That may be true.... Well, I hope you get the chance to make that drum loop!

That may be true.... Well, I hope you get the chance to make that drum loop!
    You posted this in the other section lol and got the same response. I dont know what you are trying to get at?

I get what your saying, but they just sound very basic TBH. There's nothing significant about those two tracks' drums, just sound like every most of that style of house' sound lol. I always hear a drum hit/sample in a track and think woah, i want that!

Try Loopmasters, SamplePhonics, Waveform Recordings, theres a couple. Loopmasters will most definitely have a sample pack with hits like that or even a loop very similar, but tis hard to tell whether the producers used a loop or made it from scratch. Download some samples and have a play, you will probaly end up making something that you like even better.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast