spilled drink on new ddjsx!!!!

Default spilled drink on new ddjsx!!!!

So some drunk person spilled a drink on my new ddjsx at a new years party. Controller started acting up massively so I unplugged it flopped it over and let it air out. Today I played with it and everything is working fine but some of the buttons are rather sticky, they dont click like they used to. I'm not comfortable opening the controller up so I'm wondering if there is something I can spray to clean it?

Tech Guru

Deoxit if you can get in there, but I don't see how you're gonna spray stuff under buttons without opening it up.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Tech Guru

You'll never get it clean if you don't open it.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

open it and use a paint brush to apply rubbing alcohol all over it. it will evaporate quickly.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

thanks for the help guys. im opening it up now and will let you know how it goes!

Rubbing alcohol on the unit, make sure to clean the buttons throughly (Casing, plastic switch, switch itself) as Pioneer likes to seal their buttons in interesting ways. And contact cleaner for the faders and pots.

thanks for the help guys. i cleaned it as best as i could. everything works but some buttons are still sticky.

you might need to do it a couple of times, rubbing alcohol won't evaporate the sugar although it will loosen it so you can wipe it off, and the more you do it the more residue you will remove.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

ok ill keep working at it. its a good sign that everything still works correctly i suppose haha, i should be thankful for that.

bad news. two buttons now dont work properly. the slicer button triggers itself automatically and flickers rapidly between the slicer function and the secondary slicer function and when i press the auto loop button nothing happens.