Suggestions for recording live club sets.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Suggestions for recording live club sets.....

I've been using Audacity (a daw) to record my live club sets, but i dont like the sound quality or the fact that I have to have another program open and running in the background on my laptop. How it works is i have to revert my headphone jack on my laptop to take audio in signals through the audio settings on my macbook, then run a rca to 1/8 from the record output of the club mixer. Do they sell a device that records through rca's? That i could just plug into the back of the mixer and it saves it onto a sd card or something? Let me know how you guys do it. Thanks

I record directly in traktor despite external mixing since i use a mixer with integrated sound interface.
    Check out Reloop Tape or any other standalone recording device (zoom h8 or similar)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I use traktor to record internally and externally or my Zoom H4N
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Audacity is not the cause of bad quality. If you're using a laptop for gigs anyway, just get a better audio interface for the recording input.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Audacity is not the cause of bad quality. If you're using a laptop for gigs anyway, just get a better audio interface for the recording input.
    This, I use Audacity as well and my recordings come out just fine.

Zoom H6 is what I use myself.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I record directly in traktor despite external mixing since i use a mixer with integrated sound interface.
    Check out Reloop Tape or any other standalone recording device (zoom h8 or similar)
    Yep, Booth Or Rec out into the front of my A6, easy peasy
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I use Audacity for recording at home and use a Tascam DR-40 out in clubs. Great quality with both.

Tech Mentor

can i set my internal traktor recorder to record from one of the inputs from my audio 8?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast