Easter Egg? (Full Songs in Remix Decks)
    Tech Guru

Default Easter Egg? (Full Songs in Remix Decks)

Hey how's it going everybody? Maybe i'm just an idiot but I recently realized that the Remix Decks are capable of loading entire songs into each cell. This wasn't always the case. I think when the Sample Decks were first released with the S4 they were only capable of holding between 30-50 seconds of audio. I just assumed that this was the case with the Remix Decks but I guess not.

i once loaded a full track on my remix clip when i was figuring out how to work the remix decks. that was last year.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

I have a remix set that's over a year old with a 1 hour ambient track loaded into the very first slot. If there was a limitation it hasn't been an issue for quite some time.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Guru

I'm the kind of nerd that pours of the details of every Traktor release so I can't believe I missed this haha.

This is sweet because now it seems a lot more plausible to create remix sets that have stems/your own loops and then easily transition into the full song by placing it into the top clip.

Dang - this sounds like fun...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

they were only capable of holding between 30-50 seconds of audio
    You can load a full track, it's loops and one shots that are limited to 48 seconds.
    Usually what I do when I can get my hands on the stems of a full track, I make an edit of the overall underlayer of the track (synth, bass, melody, whatever) so those are linked together as one track. And I load all the other parts that can be edited as loops or one-shots (kick, clap, ride, Fxs, rimshots, etc) in the remix decks. It's quite fun.
    Last edited by Yul; 01-06-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.