Best traktor controller 2014 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

X1's totally yes, seen everywhere. Anyway to be positive, I thought the IOS 7 issue was fixed now? I used to have an S4 and I've always found them to be reliable...... apart when switching back and forth with a mike on Channel D.

If the question is what is the best controller for Traktor the answer is probably the S4. The new model will eventually prove itself; its a different chip set and I'm sure future versions of traktor will show a bigger gap between the Mk1 & Mk 2.

If you can afford it they newer unit will have greater longevity, mind you I'll say that again in 18 months when the Mk 3 comes out.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by anteater32 View Post
    X1's totally yes, seen everywhere. Anyway to be positive, I thought the IOS 7 issue was fixed now? I used to have an S4 and I've always found them to be reliable...... apart when switching back and forth with a mike on Channel D.

If the question is what is the best controller for Traktor the answer is probably the S4. The new model will eventually prove itself; its a different chip set and I'm sure future versions of traktor will show a bigger gap between the Mk1 & Mk 2.

If you can afford it they newer unit will have greater longevity, mind you I'll say that again in 18 months when the Mk 3 comes out.
    Sorry didnt mean to turn this into a ios 7 post, or bashing on the s4 either. I want to use the s4, I had the s2 and loved it but prefer 4 channel controllers and traktor. I also had the 4trak and altho i thought it was nice to me the sound quality was not very good. I am just reading issues with the s4 so i am afraid of the reliability thing not just in clubs but mobile djn parties or anything.
    Other then the s4 or s2 any suggestions?

If you want Traktor reliability then it's either the S2 or S4 because they're Traktor-native.

Why would anything else be more reliable when it has to rely on MIDI for Traktor integration?

If the S2/4 MK2 are suffering from 'issues', then you can sure NI would be working on these. My opinion, is always go native with your controller / software combination.
    | http://cheef.tv - YouTube | Facebook - http://cheef.dj |

vci 100 se?
    going to be the best controller for the next upcoming years
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

What did you dislike specifically about your numark 4trak? I used to have an S4 but it got stolen and I replaced it with a 4trak but sadly I find myself not very happy with it… I can't even really figure out why, it's a decent enough controller but I'm beginning to consider selling it and moving on or just sticking with traktor scratch when i play out, maybe get an X1...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12