Finally! Nightclub tips for Electronic, hip hop, open format djs & percussionists

Default Finally! Nightclub tips for Electronic, hip hop, open format djs & percussionists

Gents, finally i have mustered the balls to start my youtube channel. Just like any business, it is going to be a grind and I don't expect overnight success. But I will be sharing all my knowledge with you on a weekly basis. I will be uploading to this thread and will upload all my videos & Tutorials every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will also be doing a weekly "drive me sunday" where I will promote a new song while taking a drive where ever I may be that week either traveling or in my home town. So, get your productions ready and send me some of your work for review.

What is this all about you ask?

Halfamazingtv will provide you raw behind the scenes footage (in real-time) capturing various djs in the nightclub setting and teach you scientific researched methods on how to develop a dj set at a nightclub. Booth Riding is a concept that has been developed by me- Johnny Fontana. Booth Riding is not a dj click or group but a way of life for nightclub djs and those involved in performing at Nightclubs. I will provide tips, vlogs, industry news, and tutorials for House, EDM (Electro/Hard Style) Open Format, Freestyle, Hip Hop DJs as well as percussionists. No special cameras or major production. Strictly Raw! My website - Boothridertv.com coming soon.

Here are my first 3 videos- enjoy and please sign up to youtube and let's all have this conversation as a group!

NIGHTCLUB DJ TIPS & TUTORIALS FOR ELECTRONIC/HIP HOP/OPEN FORMAT DJS (INTRO VIDEO)

HOW TO BE A NIGHTCLUB DJ IN HIP HOP/ELECTRONIC VLOG #2

EBRO OF HOT 97 NYC EXPLAINS RADIO PROGRAMMING VS NIGHTCLUB DJING

Tech Mentor

I mean, glad you are having fun with it... but, I don't get it. Is it trying to be instructional, or more of a talk-show kinda vibe? Quite a bit of disjointed monologue-ing there. I just watched all 3 of these, and, I gotta say that I'm not finding this to be credible, relevant or entertaining. But hey, what do I know. Good luck, man.

Quote Originally Posted by HigherFi View Post
    I mean, glad you are having fun with it... but, I don't get it. Is it trying to be instructional, or more of a talk-show kinda vibe? Quite a bit of disjointed monologue-ing there. I just watched all 3 of these, and, I gotta say that I'm not finding this to be credible, relevant or entertaining. But hey, what do I know. Good luck, man.
    There will also be tutorials as I speak with the djs directly and get an understanding of how they develop the night according to their knowledge of their rooms.

Its not for everyone. Radio programing vs club play is very relevant- that is where the term "breaking new music at clubs" come from. I didn't make it up.

Not everyone knows how to spin open format with latin to an older crowd vs a younger crowd...

Tech Mentor

Thing is, why does everyone need to know? Is there a deficit of this type of skilled labor? How are you demonstrating that you are the expert and are qualified to train anyone? All I remember is that you are a Marine. (Which is great, BTW!) Other than that it was very disjointed. I'd seriously work on the presentation, especially if training is in the cards. I wish you the best.

Finally!