I have a bunch of NI related questions, and I would really value some advice PLEASE. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

I think its the point he's just gone out and bought everything without really doing any research or he would of known what he's asked already, as to be honest there not the hardest of questions.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Yeah aight, it's true he might have searched the internet a bit before posting here, and also his tone wasn't exactly the friendlest of approaches. But still i see most of the replies bashing him for what he did instead of actually answering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Im not loaded. I got the equipment from a friend that was selling t he gear cheap. bought Maschine and the Xone mixer for 700 quid, which was a steal I'm my eyes for 2 pieces of hardware that has such a good rep with dj's/ producers. He gave me mates rates and i thought that I would sell my current mixer and get a new one and a Maschine. I did some research but just thought that I would confirm some details, not show off how wealthy and stupid i am with cash.

Only after a bit of advice really, not a bit of a rinsing from the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    ...and also his tone wasn't exactly the friendlest of approaches.
    If you mean his thread title, he was making a joke. It's a line from Kindergarten Cop, and one of the many Arnold Schwartzenegger lines that enjoyed a brief time of internet comedy popularity.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Moderator Note: Thread title changed because the joke is getting lost on some people and quite frankly its just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    If you mean his thread title, he was making a joke. It's a line from Kindergarten Cop, and one of the many Arnold Schwartzenegger lines that enjoyed a brief time of internet comedy popularity.
    I'm an idiot. I've been in full retard mode for the last couple months. Please help me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Shocon View Post

4) Im looking for an interesting mapping this i saw on this video below of Richie Hawtin using an X1, but he has a delay on the signal and then changes the frequency of the track making a mint ass noise. Does anyone know where that mapping is and what exactly he is doing because the quality of the video is a little poor to see what is going on. He does the effect at 1min 42sec.
    Take a look at the Delay T3 effect in Traktor, specifically the Rate and FR.R functions. You'll need to be in Single mode and not Group, and TURN OFF QUANTIZE. It's probably not exactly what Hawtin is using, but you can occasionally get a similar effect. It is a bit fiddly, so have patience.

Ean did a tutorial a while back: http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/03/0...up-drum-fills/

There's also a thread here: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=8545

I also have a mapping that I made for my X1 that can do something similar with very short loops and the pitch control. I use the (unused) effect ON button at the top to engage a modifier so that the Browse and Loop encoders control pitch range and pitch respectively. If you capture a short (1/2 beat) loop, turn off key correction, and set the pitch range to 100%, you can drastically pitch the loop up and down for a similar effect.

1. You need the Audio 10 soundcard for this setup the audio 2 does not have enough outputs

2. The step sequencing is easy in Maschine just make sure you have all your samples organised (Kicks in group A, Snares in group C etc) this makes it really easy when your playing to find the right sample when you need them.

3. You need to send virtual midi from traktor to maschine, it's pretty easy to set up here's a dubspot video explaining how to set it up
    To get sound out of Maschine and into your mixer you need to connect it to the 5th or 6th channel on your Xone 92 through the Audio 10. You can do this in the Maschine Audio and MIDI settings.

4. That delay that Richie uses is actually the lexicon psp 42 delay. To use this delay you need to route traktor through ableton here is another dubspot video on how to route traktor through ableton.
    And here's the tutorial on how to do that effect.

Hopefully those answers help.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12