Is there anyone else who does not use iTunes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Is there anyone else who does not use iTunes?

Over time I've seen a lot of iTunes threads on here particularly to do with import to DJ software.

I only ever use itunes to load music onto ipods & iPhones (a few kicking around here), as soon as I'm done I delete the library again and I'm just wondering if I'm in the minority?

I have Traktor & RecordBox, my music is held in a partitioned drive in my mbp and slpit by genre and years, my logic is I don’t need a third music management library.

So, I'm I missing out on something? Or does my method keep things clean and simple?

Hate itunes.
    My music management library is called win explorer Sorted by genres, filenames sorted, mp3 id3 v1 & v2 tags sorted & synced.
    People talk about itunes smart playlists but I see no appeal to them.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

I use Itunes for syncing Apple devices too, and for general listening; but I do most of the file management using the folders themselves. Helps massively when transferring music between computers.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

i hate itunes! but since being a mac- and iphone user i´m forced to use it. i wish aimp or winamp would work under mac osx!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I detest iTunes. Tried setting it up when I got Traktor and thought it was crap. (for the umpteenth time)

I guess I'm just old school because I just use Windows Explorer to "manage my files," foobar to prep them for digital use and mixed in key for musical key "guesses"

I use iTunes only for iPhone iPad related stuff sync apps and calendar and a new playlist every now and then. that playlist is created inside one of my DJ software then exported into iTunes synced to phone/pad then deleted again.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Im a serato user so I use itunes like crazy. Its my main way to organize chunes.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Hate itunes.
    My music management library is called win explorer Sorted by genres, filenames sorted, mp3 id3 v1 & v2 tags sorted & synced.
    People talk about itunes smart playlists but I see no appeal to them.
    Same here. I use serato mainly, but I get a lot of untagged stuff and make a lot of one off items, and can't be arsed to have everything tagged.
    Not to mention, my MP3 collection dates back to like 1997...waaaay too many files to go through and clean up.

I also often use other pieces of software, and like the fact that my folder structure is the same between all different programs.

I hate itunes. I have an android phone and my ipods get wiped and installed with rockbox so no itunes is needed.

HATE iTunes.

I play tracks in VLC.....actually I play EVERYTHING in VLC.

I keep my tracknames and genres sorted...thats it.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast