What effects are missing from Traktor / Serato DJ / Pioneer / etc? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

My bad lol. TTFX in emulating turntable stop effect, the Reverse Grain is what I should of mention in my previous post

Tech Mentor

Effect name: 3 band EQ gater
    Intended platform: Traktor
    Description: a gater effect with Three knobs. A knob for each frequency range(low,mid,high). each knob increases the speed of on/off modulation. Left being off and right being the fastest.
    Last edited by mrdorianjames; 01-14-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Bumping this thread - please contribute! Let's hear some other thoughts and ideas for new FX!

Just need to enable VST efx in all softwares and send/return
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Yea, might have been mentioned, but never fixed, was a reverse mode for traktor, keeping in with this, was the reverse in conjunction with flux. Denon has a version of this on their DN-S range called 'DUMP' where it had a flux/censor type system, where it reversed for a few seconds on the same pitch/tempo then returned to where the track would have been. This was super handy when it came to expletive skipping, and even good to drop in as an effect. Trying to emulate it and do a basic backspin when flux mode is on can sometimes produce a dodgy result.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 06-06-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Mentor

i've always loved Ableton's "Fade to Grey" effect as a transition tool. it's combination of filter/reverb/pingpongdelay with automation as you increase the wet/dry

Tech Guru

Native Instruments has so many cool effects in Maschine/Komplete, I don't know, you almost feel short changed in Traktor. I don't use the Traktor effects that much to be honest. It would be great with a better delay and reverb algo IMO. It all needs a bit of a reboot to be honest

Im not a big FX user but a delay where you can control the ms value instead of beat rate would be awesome, the current delays in traktor are far to robotic sounding and could be a lot smoother

It would be amazing to see VST effects in Traktor. Whether it is possible to do or not I don't know but I'd love to see it.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123