the "soft buttons"

Default the "soft buttons"

does the vci-100 se have the "soft buttons" instead of the "hard ones" that the original vci has?

where could we get the new "soft buttons" ? does vestax carry misc peices from the vci?
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh

Quote Originally Posted by ryan catcher View Post
    does the vci-100 se have the "soft buttons" instead of the "hard ones" that the original vci has?
    The SE has hard, clicky buttons. I do prefer the feel of the X-Session Pro rubber buttons, but I'm just happy to have more things to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    The SE has hard, clicky buttons. I do prefer the feel of the X-Session Pro rubber buttons, but I'm just happy to have more things to hit.
    Beleive it or not they are ment to be an improvment on the VCI-100 standard buttons.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I could be wrong here but Im pretty sure the SE buttons are lighter than the standard buttons. I use both standard and SE and the SE buttons all feel like the play button does on my standard (which is softer than the others now coz I use that the most)

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Beleive it or not they are ment to be an improvment on the VCI-100 standard buttons.
    There has to be possible to remove the old tactile switches and replace them with something better. I bet they're standard size through-hole parts, or even better surface mount. Plenty to choose from:

http://e-switch.com/index.php?contentID=261&type=tact

I just don't think my skills with a solder sucker would do anything but lift traces and trash the motherboard. Maybe after a bit more practice...

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    There has to be possible to remove the old tactile switches and replace them with something better. I bet they're standard size through-hole parts, or even better surface mount. Plenty to choose from:

http://e-switch.com/index.php?contentID=261&type=tact

I just don't think my skills with a solder sucker would do anything but lift traces and trash the motherboard. Maybe after a bit more practice...
    Your right thats a really good idea, finding the right one will be the hard part.

bay area, California. København, Danmark.

yeah I would think so. I have the black vci-100HW, but I believe when ean went to japan he had vestax base his model of that one except of course with his firmware and plates. so yeah the buttons on mine certainly are softer than standard vci , and i would assume the same for the se.
    Last edited by Untrustus; 08-16-2008 at 09:21 AM.