ImNotDedYet's Humble Setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    Some of you cats have gone bollocks out on your setups. Here's a pic of mine finally, so you can picture me trainwrecking when listening to my mixes.

Attachment 21277

Started with mediocre Asus laptop, (pictured) Traktor and FL Studio 11 and Pioneer HDJ500's

Added S4 and KRK Rokit 5's

I think I'm done on the gear acquisition. I hope.

What? didn't you know GAS is a disease? Once bitten it never goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by teknik1200 View Post
    What? didn't you know GAS is a disease? Once bitten it never goes away!
    I thought changing my diet would help with the GAS...

2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Are those JBLs? If so, do you like them?

And what ikea tabletop is that?

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Are those JBLs? If so, do you like them?

And what ikea tabletop is that?
    Sorry Mostapha - I missed this post. Yes, the JBL LSR 305's. They're very good for the money IMO - good bass without being overly hyped, nice wide sweet spot and good control. I've also got the JBL LSR sub.

The table top I don't recall, but it's a five footer that's an inch and a quarter thick.

I finally upgraded my cell phone so I was messing with the camera in some low light situations - which always exist in my living room/studio, so here's some pics of the latest setup. I hope I'm pretty much done because I don't have room for anything else or really want anything else for that matter. (other than a Moogerfooger Ring Mod)

DJ setup

DJ - Copy (800x450).jpg

Synths, ADAT, Drum Machine and Controllers

TG77Juno2Max49TR8Push - Copy (450x800).jpg

Yamaha P-155 - this has been getting a lot of work lately as I've started taking piano lessons again from a jazz guru and he's kickin my tail

P155 - Copy (800x450).jpg

My favorite corner: Rhodes, Synths and Pedals

RhodesMoogKorgPedals - Copy (800x450).jpg
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    LOL, the wrong way as in battle mode? That's a result of having a 4 ft long table with no room for the S4 and tables in "standard position" prior to getting the 5 ft long table top. Now I'm just used to it besides wanting to learn to actually scratch to mix the old school hip hop records (and digital files) I have.

I'm always on the lookout for DJs looking to sell some or all of their collections, hence all the vinyl - most of it older and obtained this way and gotten on the cheap.

Thx for the compliments.
    No, no. Amadeus is right. They are the wrong way around. It is disturbing and quite possibly points to dangerous communist tendencies. mind you, I should speak, one of my decks is currently in the corner with three plastic bags full of tape cassettes on top of it. Can't look at it any more. Makes me cry.

Nice set up, mate. The table may be too small but at least you've got plenty of room for dancin around.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    No, no. Amadeus is right. They are the wrong way around. It is disturbing and quite possibly points to dangerous communist tendencies. mind you, I should speak, one of my decks is currently in the corner with three plastic bags full of tape cassettes on top of it. Can't look at it any more. Makes me cry.

Nice set up, mate. The table may be too small but at least you've got plenty of room for dancin around.
    You could always take the cassette tapes off the turntable?

Thx man, yes room to dance fo sho! As long as I don't trip on a cable running across the room.

coming truly correct here man. first time noticing your set up thread.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    coming truly correct here man. first time noticing your set up thread.
    Now I just need more experience. And to get back on the decks...been a while. Piano lessons and practice are killing me.

Very nice and clean setup.

thx benny!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast