How to decrease BPM accuracy in Traktor Pro 2.6.6?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How to decrease BPM accuracy in Traktor Pro 2.6.6?

Hello!

I am using Traktor Pro 2.6.6 primarily for playing the house genres.

I enjoy the program very much, however there is one thing that annoys me greatly, the BPM-counter.
    - In Traktor the BPM is counted in 100/BPM, not 10/BPM

Is it possible to change the BPM counter in traktor, so that it rounds the native BPM of the track up/down to the nearest 10th of a BPM and then the BPM counter is in 10/BPM and not 100/BPM? like in serato and Pioneer CDJ's?

Best regards
    Frederik

Traktor shows the BPM or each track to 2 decimal places or 0.01 of a BPM. Not sure i'm understanding what you are asking for. Can you provide more info or even a screen print.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

I think he only wants to see one decimal place...

I'm not really sure why having an extra decimal place could "annoy you greatly", but if it does, just turn the BPM counter off completely.

Tech Guru

He obviously wants to see the BPM as 128.1 and not 128.12

No it's not possible, also other features that would make it more like a CDJ-simulator are not possible either, that annoys me too.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

I still don't understand what's supposed to be the problem here.

I guess he wants to practice beatmatching by using the BPM counter so he can play on CDJs and is afraid that if he actually got to play on CDJs he might not be able to do it since the display isn't as accurate as in Traktor.

If that's the case, here's a tip: turn the BPM display off completely and use your ears. You'll be able to play on every single kind of player that exists.

Also, why would you want Traktor to be a CDJ-simulator? If you can play on Traktor with nothing 'auto' turned on and without looking at the screen (except for track selection) you'll be perfectly fine whenever you get to stand behind a pair of CDJs.

Tech Mentor

Ironically, the Serato DJ forum is full of people requesting that software show 2 decimal places on deck...

Not wanting to derail, but my frustration is the way that Traktor shows the decimal places in the browser; it means that two versions of the same track (say, extended and single) often show up far apart in the list when sorting by BPM, even after gridding. Having just the whole BPM displayed makes for a much cleaner browsing experience IMO, as those tracks are grouped together.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can get .01 out of any controller and pitch fader if you map your tempo adjust command and put it in fader-relative interaction mode. Got something like this in my CMD PL1 mapping - adjust near target BPM > hold shift and adjust it further in ultrafine mode. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You can get .01 out of any controller and pitch fader if you map your tempo adjust command and put it in fader-relative interaction mode. Got something like this in my CMD PL1 mapping - adjust near target BPM > hold shift and adjust it further in ultrafine mode. Hope it helps.
    I think you've missed the point. The OP wants LESS accuracy. Which makes no sense to me. I agree with TCMuc. If you want to train yourself for cdj's learn to beatmatch by ear. Best training you can get. The only reason you would want Traktor to be a cdj emulator is for practicing at home without spending the cash on a cdj set up. Well that's your problem not NI's.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    I think you've missed the point. The OP wants LESS accuracy. Which makes no sense to me. I agree with TCMuc. If you want to train yourself for cdj's learn to beatmatch by ear. Best training you can get. The only reason you would want Traktor to be a cdj emulator is for practicing at home without spending the cash on a cdj set up. Well that's your problem not NI's.
    You're correct - Thanks for clarify that kooper1980. Fun fact is that my method would still work for OT, just in stead of the reduction of the rotary sensitivity it should be a bit increased than a default... But I'm agreed with you, wish that make more sense to me.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Actually the OP is not the only one who wants Traktor to work also as an emulator. Emulating a CDJ would be very useful for people who don't have the money to buy an expensive setup (note that in some countries like mine the price of a CDJ is more than the double of the price in the US). It would be an easy task for NI and would make consumers like me and the OP happier.
    We are consumers, not we are not asking for a favor, so it may not be your problem but it IS NI's problem.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast