Ableton audio effects on machine midi tracks
    Tech Wizard

Default Ableton audio effects on machine midi tracks

so I'm still new to using maschine inside of abelton live. How do I add an effect to just one of the tracks in ableton? For instance I have 5 midi tracks routed from machine to ableton and I am trying to add a simple delay to one of the tracks. Can I add an audio effect to an individual track? or does it have to be put on the track that the machine plugin (instrument) is on?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Mix Setup: Traktor Kontrol S4 // Midi Fighter Spectra // Retina Mabook pro 13" // Traktor Pro 2.6 // Crane Stand Plus // Beats By Dre Studio + Solo HD
    Production Setup: Ableton Live 9 // JBL LSR 305 Monitors // Korg Microkey 25 // Maschine Mikro // Massive // Kontact // FM8 // Zebra 2 // Sylenth1
    Nostalgia Setup: 2 Stanton STR8-80s // Vestax PMC-06pro (Signed by Qbert himself)

Tech Mentor

Audio effects only work on audio tracks (hence the name).

What are you routing form Maschine to Ableton. Are you sure it's midi tracks and not audio?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TCMuc View Post
    Audio effects only work on audio tracks (hence the name).

What are you routing form Maschine to Ableton. Are you sure it's midi tracks and not audio?
    Actually audio effects do work on midi tracks as long as there is an instrument before it. And yes it's midi not audio.

I seem to remember someone saying something about using a return track so maybe I'll try that. It's just annoying to have an effect on the entire machine group rather than just one track.
    Mix Setup: Traktor Kontrol S4 // Midi Fighter Spectra // Retina Mabook pro 13" // Traktor Pro 2.6 // Crane Stand Plus // Beats By Dre Studio + Solo HD
    Production Setup: Ableton Live 9 // JBL LSR 305 Monitors // Korg Microkey 25 // Maschine Mikro // Massive // Kontact // FM8 // Zebra 2 // Sylenth1
    Nostalgia Setup: 2 Stanton STR8-80s // Vestax PMC-06pro (Signed by Qbert himself)

Tech Mentor

If there's an instrument on it, it's not a midi track anymore... it's an instrument track...

You are aware that you can route the audio of the individual sounds in Maschine to individual audio tracks in Ableton? (That's why I asked about your routing in the first place).

Actually I still don't understand your routing.... You said you are routing midi FROM Maschine INTO Ableton??

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TCMuc View Post
    If there's an instrument on it, it's not a midi track anymore... it's an instrument track...

You are aware that you can route the audio of the individual sounds in Maschine to individual audio tracks in Ableton? (That's why I asked about your routing in the first place).

Actually I still don't understand your routing.... You said you are routing midi FROM Maschine INTO Ableton??
    Sorry if I was unclear, basically used midi drag and drop from maschine to ableton, then set the routing of the midi in ableton to each sound and vice versa in maschine. So for instance , my kick drum is on maschine midi track 1, and the corresponding midi track in ableton is set to 1 as well (make sense?)

I know I can also bounce them to audio and then drop the audio onto an audio track in ableton but I just wanted to know if there was an esier way to be able to use ableton's audio effects on maschine tracks (like you would if you created a new midi track and dropped say MASSIVE or Sylenth1 onto it).

Tech Mentor

You can also route the audio form Maschine to individual tracks in Ableton.

Here's how:

http://www.soulviasound.com/support/...eton-channels/

All you have to do is create audio tracks for all the sounds you want to have on individual channels and follow the instructions in the video.