Vestax VCI 100 + Novation NIO 2|4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vestax VCI 100 + Novation NIO 2|4

Hi Guys,

Listen Ean, first of all i must say that your site and demo video was one of the decisive factors to choose my current setup (vci 100 + NIO 2|4). Thanks, nice job you do out here)))))

Listen, i got a few questions for ya:

1) i use Traktor 3.3.2. on latencies less then 7ms when i work out with effects, traktor very often freezes, so i have to restart it. imagine what a bugging situation if something like this would happen on the stage...... anyway i'm sure it's not related to vestax vci 100 because i experienced the same troubles with vestax plugged off. i guess it must be related to the sound interface.

How can i solve this in order to get a stable setup that will not let me down in front of people???????

2) sometimes i would like to simulate the usual beatmixing techniques, Deck A plays on master, track in deck B i listen only in headphones........then i put up the fader on B and mix it with A.

How can i do that using my setup??????

now i can mix easily without headphones, but sometimes i like to remember the old days when playing on cdj 100........

Thank you in advance)))))))))))

Tech Mentor

hey bro welcome the forum 1 of all and i have the same setup lol welll no anymore cuz my vci broke but im getting a new one friday yaaayyy and is a very good setup......im going to upgrade to a bigger soundcard with 8 outpust cuz now i want to mix externally but the nio is awesome

Tech Mentor

can u tell me the specifications on ur computerrr???

yeah,

my laptop is a Toshiba A100-749, Core 2 Duo T5200 1.6Gh, 1 Gb of Ram, 120 Gb HDD, not much, but good for my budget)))))

I'm running an equivalent laptop and Traktor runs fine on it. [There have been a handful of freezes though] Have you tried defragging your system or cleaning up the memory recently, just to make sure everything is running smooth as can be.

A clean install of the OS always makes things run fresh!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

the OS is kindda fresh, i installed it a couple of days ago........ i think its because of the usb sound interface, because if ran with the onboard sound card traktor is quite stable (and latency is 30ms and up).

but fuck that, i will try to use other latency settings, maybe try some new drivers and shit..........

the thing that bothers me more is the answer to the second question of the initial post. anybody knows how?

Have you got the preferences set properly in Traktor to cue a track to your headphones?

Set your Master and Monitor outputs correctly.
    Make sure there's no hardware switches set incorrectly on your sound card.
    Make sure the volumes are correct [an obvious but easy to miss solution! ]
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

I have the same sound card.. u gotta setup traktor to send master and monitor to the different channels on your sound card, then use the a,b,mon switches on the nio to hardwire the signals to jack u want on the card. (in case this is the issue - u cant run your master through the headphone jacks, it has to go out rca a or b on the back.)

I'm at work and dont have my setup in front of me - or i would post it step by step. The user guide is really helpful, though (imagine that). here it is:

http://www.novationmusic.com/support...guides/nio_24/

hey, could you post step by step what should be done)))) i've set in traktor different channels for monitor and master, then play with the switches and nothing..... please))))))

ya, it'll be around 10 mst when i get home and get a chance to look

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast