Techno Stab Tips?

Default Techno Stab Tips?

So i'm addicted to the stab sounds in this Luigi Madonna song and want to use it as an inspiration point for a future endeavour of mine. However I haven't the slightest clue how to synthesize it. Does anyone have any tips or starting points they would suggest to get to something similar? I'm using Massive

(The sound is pretty much heard throughout, pretty distinct deep warehousey sound)

Realy nice track
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

It's a real percy "ADSR" on the filter amp if you will. And then the actual synth amp could be a bit longer for when he's open the filter so it bleeds through and you get the bigger tail on it. Just add a touch of verb and delay possibly and call it a day.

Is sounds like that sound has been recorded to me. Sounds slightly lo-fi but in a good way, some low pass filtering can emulate that. Record yourself hitting metal and other surfaces. Drop it in a sampler, pull the sustain and decay right down, and slowly open the decay to let more of the sound through. Then maybe some delay and defiantly a warehouse type reverb (Lexicon)