Traktor DJs, How do you manage files/new music and what do you name your Playlists?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I manage my music in itunes and I name my playlists "Arthur"

"Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

I'm pre editing everything on my PC with MP3Tag then move them to my MBP. Any editing after that happens through Traktor. Back up of those music files end up on my Timecapsule.

I import everything into my Track Collection and then use the Genre playlists to choose my tracks.

I've just recently added the year to the comments field and set up playlists in Traktor based on year>genre, e.g 2011 Progressive, 2011 Trance etc etc.

Works well for my workflow.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

I usually organize them in a folder outside of traktor then import, so in case i want to burn a folder to CDs when i have to play a festival or something it'll be faster for me to find what I'm looking for and get done. I find it the best way too in keeping my music organized

Outside of Traktor all of my tunes are sorted into separate folders using the following convention:

year/month.year/genre, e.g: 2013/01.2013/Progressive
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Deep Horse
    i see what you did there.jpg
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Mentor

I usually scramble for certain records in my unorganized record crate and throw the record sleeve across the room, which I subsequently slip on while mixing the next track. From there I get very personal with my crossfader as I hit my chin on it whilst doing a scooby -doo running in place to gain traction on the ground underneath my feet. If that doesn't work I'll pick a song from one of the genre folders in traktor.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

I only use playlists for three things:

1 - One playlist of tracks I've never played on the podcast, so I can pull from that and not have to worry about playing the same track twice. New music gets dumped straight in here.

2 - For every mix I record, I save a playlist of what was actually played. Helps with #1, and also helps me remember, "what was that track I played after this one 2 months ago?"

3 - Before every live show, I put together a playlist of tunes that I think would go really well with that crowd and venue specifically (like 3heads said). I pick out 2-3 times as much music as I'll actually have time to play, so that I have room to adapt to what's happening but don't have to waste time scrolling through my whole library picking things out.

Everything else in this thread as far as genre etc... I just use tags for that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12