Novation Bass Station 2 Questions

Default Novation Bass Station 2 Questions

Hi Techtoolers,

I'm in the market for my first analogue Synth, and have been very interested in the Bass Station 2, since it was announced.

I am also in the market for a 25 key midi controller to use with VSTs in Ableton (Synlenth, Nexus 2, Massive etc...)

I am aware that the BS2 is a monophonic Synth, but I am wanting to know if it can be used a polyphonic midi controller in Ableton over USB?

If this is possible I will be ordering 1 straight away.

Any users here using it as a midi controller, and a analogue synth within Ableton Live 9?

If so how are you liking it ?

Also it appears to only have 1 quarter inch output, Would i need a 1/4 cable to Dual 1/4 cable to plug this into my soundcard?

Such as this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/27128...ff14=95&ff19=0

Let me know!

Cheers
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

I don't own the BS2 so you may want to confirm but I do own a korg ms20 mini which is monophonic and has a single 1/8 audio jack. I can use it's keyboard on polyphonic synths in Logic through the usb port. Most keyboards will act this way. As far as the audio out, you should just get a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter and plug it in one of the inputs on your audio interface. Then set the audio track as being mono. I did get a chance to play with the BS2 a little the other night and it is a great sounding little synth. It felt really well built to. All the knobs and keys were really sturdy and felt like they would last.