Best web site - worst web site.

Default Best web site - worst web site.

So, you lot are generally cool kids. Being the cool kids that you all are, here's what I want you do.

Drop a link to one site that blows you away and one that does the exact opposite. These sites don't have to be DJ/music related, in fact I'd prefer it if they weren't. I'm really interested in sites that rock/suck from a design and usability standpoint.

Why am I doing this? Im interested in the perspective of web users who are outside my normal professional circles. Professional circles that are full of old men who have no taste and no clue.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

wow nice topic. I'd like to see the answers to this one,

and please everyone with your own sites, could you refrain from posting your own as a site that blows you away?

I will start with a mainstream one.

Like: Hulu.com - they were doing the whole "BIG photo" thing before many others. Their site is pretty straightforward, looks great compared to most of their competitors and I don't find myself going around in loops looking for stuff.

Hate: CBS.com - if there was a competition to design a site to reflect the age and mindset of its owner, CBS would win every time. It's ugly, cluttered, and is an absolute bitch to navigate. Over Christmas they offered marathons (repeats) of all their popular shows. For something that should have been two easy clicks, it had me swearing almost every time we went back to watch the next episode of something. It's also impossible to tell what's available for streaming and what's not. This site may not like as dire as others but the user experience consistently makes me want to eat all the bullets.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ Needs no description. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Best - 500px
    Worst - Amazon
    356 reasons why

Tech Mentor

mint.com blows me away, the things that you can do with it aren't that complicated but it's so easy, fast and intuitive to use.

linkedin.com comes to mind as something totally awful from a usability standpoint... it's not the worst site obviously, but I don't understand how a site that is so popular and has so much useful content can suffer from design that bad. Takes forever to get to the information you want, and you're dealing with obnoxious clutter the whole time no matter what you do.
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/