Ni X1 MK2 Midi Channel how to change

Default Ni X1 MK2 Midi Channel how to change

I have 2 X1 Mk2's and I am trying to do a mapping across the 2 controllers to try out the loop jump.tsi that Ean posted up a few weeks ago but they are on both the same midi channels. I have looked in controller editor but it only shows the Mk1 x1.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Anyone any ideas ?
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Tech Guru

Do you not get 2 sets of X1 MIDI I/O ports with both connected?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Yes but the midi from both is the same they are running on the nhl mapping and I want to add a midi map underneath

Tech Guru

If you set the IN and OUT devices properly, you shouldn't need to change the channel of the device. I set identical devices up in Traktor all the time and it's never been an issue.

Tech Mentor

MIDI over usb is per device. (the computer knows each device and hence does not really need channel numbering, although it exists)

You only really need to bother with channels when you are using MIDI over the old 5pin DIN (as channels are how devices were identified)

If you have routing internally in your computers OS, using a software routing utility, then you need to use channels in that.

all devices should show up separately in traktor or any other program for that matter.

even 2 identical devices should have a separate entry.