Sail - Awolnation help

Default Sail - Awolnation help

Hello peoples!

I am new to djtechtools and almost as new to producing, creating and performing electronic music. I was wondering if someone could perhaps assist in helping figure out how to reproduce the effect in Awolnations song sail. Now as I'm a noob I haven't a clue how to explain other than through deduction, it's not the distorted bass synth or plucked strings, it's the effect that uses the vibrato and strong pizzicato sound. I have the Korg legacy packae so I know it's doable with one of those synth models, I've been using a sequencer on the Korg M1 model and it's sounded a little bit like it but it's nowhere near enough like it for me to happilly use the effect live. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

Anyone?? I just want a rittle help, c'mon

Default anybody out there

No one?

Tech Wizard

Mind giving a rundown on what you got so far on your patch so I can help elaborate on it? You made me analyze the song and I think you are talking about the lead that goes on top of the pluck strings. I too am curious on how its made. I used a little fm and just added vibrato with some pitch envelope to a waveform. It sounds a little like it, but my patch is also missing something.