Xone K2 Layer Mapping LED-Feedback without Latching Layers - Please help!
    Tech Convert

Question Xone K2 Layer Mapping LED-Feedback without Latching Layers - Please help!

Hi there!

My name is Tom, I'm from Germany and DJing for more than 10 years now. Recently I bought a Xone K2 to map with Traktor Pro 2. I disabled the Latching Layers to get multiple colors in Traktor on one layer.

Because I'm relative new to MIDI-Mapping I can't figure out, why the following happens. I want to do this procedure to switch layers:

Xone K2s left down button toggles Layer 2 (M1=1) with LED-Feedback on that button, so I mapped:

Switch on:
    Modifier #1 / Ch15.Note.C0 / M1=0 / Button direct / Set value 1
    Modifier #1 / Ch15.NoteC0 / M1 =1 / LED output / Controller 0-7 / Midi 0-127

Switch off:
    Modifier #1 / Ch15.Note.C0 / M1=1 / Button direct / Set value 0
    Modifier #1 / Ch15.NoteC0 / M1 =0 / LED output / Controller 0-7 / Midi 0-127 / Invert

Ok - so far this works.

Xone K2s right down button works as shift for Layer 3 (M1=2) with LED-Feedback on that button when held:

Modifier #1 / Ch15.Note.D#0 / Button hold / Set value 2
    Modifier #1 / Ch15.Note.D#2 / LED output / Controller 0-7 / Midi 0-127 / Blend

This also works.

Let's talk about the things that drive me nuts:

- When I'm holding shift for Layer 3, Mod and LED toggles like it should be.
    - When I'm pressing hold for Layer 2, Mod and LED switches on

BUT

also the SHIFT-LED switches on 'til I press Layer 2 again. I really can't figure out, how to map that only Layer 2 LED switches on. It's always combined with Layer 3 LED.

Please help me!

Thank you very much!

Tom
    Last edited by TomW; 01-17-2014 at 03:50 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Tom, do you have other free modifiers in that mapping device? You can simply dedicate for ei M2 to your hold button and wouldn't worry about value that's shared between two buttons. If you burn all modifiers already you can add more generic mappings to the .tsi and get another set of (only) 8 modifiers.

Or you have some important reason for doing everything an a single modifier?

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe,

well...that works, thank you!

But I really would like to understand, why the LEDs don't act like I want them to, when only using one modifier with different states. Can you explane it to me?

Next question:

When I'm using two modifiers (M1, M2) and only want to function my buttons etc. when none of the modifiers is active, I should give that function M1=0 AND M2=0, right?

Tech Convert

Ok that works - thank you!

But I want to understand, why the LEDs behave like this as mentioned in my post. Could you explain it to me?

First I only worked with one modifier in two different states, because then it's easier to set all those button states, but with a little more work it also works with two modifiers.

Tech Convert

I already posted two answers, but they don't show up.

But your solution worked. Thank you!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Tom, Since you're new to this forum a couple of your first posts were on approval by Moderators. I think that you need at least 6 or 7 posts to pass your newbie title and get approve on all your posts but seeing your current count is 4 it looks somebody have privileged you

Quote Originally Posted by TomW View Post
    well...that works, thank you!

But I really would like to understand, why the LEDs don't act like I want them to, when only using one modifier with different states. Can you explane it to me?
    Takes some more work to achieve one modifier task so figured that another mod will simplify thing like three times. I think you'd better go with controller range setting. Try 0-0, 1-1, 2-2 and map to same button with each value assigned to corresponding color note. From there, you can combine a modifier if needed. Also map monitor state if controller didn't refresh the output, might work.

Quote Originally Posted by TomW View Post
    Next question:

When I'm using two modifiers (M1, M2) and only want to function my buttons etc. when none of the modifiers is active, I should give that function M1=0 AND M2=0, right?
    Correct. Or you can add another modifier but this time change your interaction mode in to Hold |M3=1|. Now if you map this modifier to both of Shift buttons only M3=0 is required and this can open up that second condition for more deck options. or even beat phase and VU meters.

Happy mapping,