Namm 2014
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Namm 2014

Tech Wizard

Default Namm 2014

Well namm 2014 is coming up in 9 days. And usually when dj companies especially native instruments is as tight lipped as they have been usually this means some major release. (Yea probably wishful thinking but who knows)
    What do you guys think we may see dj wise at namm 2014 in Cali this year? Do you think there will be anything major headed this way sometime soon? How about a pioneer ddj tx? Or a actually new dj controller from native instruments.. (again wishful thinking). What do you think?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djtsmooth View Post
    native instruments is as tight lipped as they have been usually this means some major release. (Yea probably wishful thinking but who knows)
    Or a actually new dj controller from native instruments.. (again wishful thinking). What do you think?
    RE: NI... Totally wishful thinking there I'm afraid dude.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    RE: NI... Totally wishful thinking there I'm afraid dude.
    Lol yea i know i know, i just want anything from traktor to come out. Just would nice to see a new traktor controller.

considering that Mark from djworx gets insider information in the weeks leading up to the major shows and just wrote an article regarding all the new ideas now being dried up, I think you will be out of luck... unless all the big manufactures are keeping it from him, but that's doubtful. The only highlight I can see coming is yet another teaser of VDJ8 pre beta, but even that is unlikely.

I can't see anything coming from Numark as they just released the most expensive most feature packed controller on the market. Pio have just released the SR and SB, denon just released the 6000mk2, vestax has been quiet for some time but with the money they would have lost from the VCI-400 I think they will be quiet for a while. Reloop have released a mixer and ipad controller and they have everything covered from a controller perspective. And with a release of an upgrade to Traktor I can't see them launching a new version and the Maschine has just been released so I can't see any new controllers from them for a while until they move some units. Serato has to deal with it's software going into public beta so that's locked in for a while before anything new comes from them. And Behringer will probably stick with the CMD series for a few more years.

I think it's going to be a quiet NAMM unless one of the minor companies brings something out, but stuff from those sort of companies are usually built to copy existing controllers to a tighter budget and not aimed at the exciting end of the market.

btw.. Native Instruments is always tight lipped so there is no reason to get excited.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I read that Livid Instruments got some prototypes finishing for NAMM show. One looks like mayor update to their Alias 8.

Tech Wizard

There's always Roland's Aira-08, the virtual analog TR808 clone to look out for.

*sighs*

Tech Wizard

I think what a lot of people would like to see is Traktor working with all the new controllers. NI will NEVER get people to use the controllers the mixers they dictate. Serato seems to have all the best controllers at the moment. Lots of people love the S4 but want a unit thats built like a tank and isn't going to be updated in 18 months.
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 01-20-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    2x Denon Dns 3700s, Korg Zero 4, NI x1, Macbookpro, KRK rocket 8s, KRK sub.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    Serato seems to have all the best controllers at the moment.
    5692-crying-while-laughing.jpg
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Mentor

NI needs to get the products that are already out to actually work before they worry about new ones.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    The only highlight I can see coming is yet another teaser of VDJ8 pre beta, but even that is unlikely.
    As a VDJ user are you not fed up with this VDJ8 release? How long has this been coming out..?
    As a casual user of VDJ on Mac I'm just soooo bored waiting for the karaoke rotation plugin... i mean Apple screw up iOS7 and NI have to take a feature out of TDJ and the world goes into melt down but VDJ have been promising VDJ8 and the Mac rotation plugin for longer than I've had pubes (slight exaggeration but no more that peoples exaggeration of NI delays;-)

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    btw.. Native Instruments is always tight lipped so there is no reason to get excited.
    There really isn't anything to come at Namm AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    I think what a lot of people would like to see is Traktor working with all the new controllers. NI will NEVER get people to use the controllers the mixers they dictate. Serato seems to have all the best controllers at the moment. Lots of people love the S$ but want a unit thats built like a tank and isn't going to be updated in 18 months.
    Traktor works with any midi mappable controller.
    NI have sold that many S4's etc that they have no reason to care about other manufacturers controllers.
    Unless someone comes out with something groundbreaking and want NI in on it then it will be business as usual.
    What has anyone else made that is so special that NI have missed out on being tied to? Certainly no Pioneer controller.

If NI should do anything they should Certify more upcoming DJ hardware mixers but I don't see this happening anyway.

Controllers, controllers... they are everywhere... enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    NI needs to get the products that are already out to actually work before they worry about new ones.
    Agreed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast