Keep the s4 mk2 or upgrade to djm 900 set up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So I can do full four deck control on one x1? Including tempo, and all that for all decks? And I do use effects a lot.....

Tech Guru

Why did you say "a little effects on the side" then? You don't need tempo control for remix decks, and you'll hardly need it at all since it's a sync setup.

You'd only need a 2nd X1 if you wanted to have 3 or 4 normal track decks, and wanted to use all 4 of Traktor's FX banks.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Sorry I miss typed about the effects part. Ok then ill get two.

I'd go for the 900, 2 X1s, and an F1. It gives you full control over everything in Traktor.

Another vote for a pair of X1mk2 and F1 ... It's what I currently use

As for the mixer, any decent 4 channel with built in soundcard will do, DJM900/850/750, a few of the Denon's or Xone DB series ... But if you want what's in the clubs then it'll be the 900. It's probably the most stable in terms of drivers right now as well.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    As for the mixer, any decent 4 channel with built in soundcard will do, DJM900/850/750, a few of the Denon's or Xone DB series ... But if you want what's in the clubs then it'll be the 900. It's probably the most stable in terms of drivers right now as well.
    I'd say the built in soundcard is the least important part. If you're playing in clubs a lot you will often have to play on their mixers. There are still a lot of mixers around that don't have built in soundcards, so you'll probably have to buy an external soundcard anyways.

This also means that you shouldn't buy a mixer that's loaded with features but isn't used in clubs a lot (e.g. Xone DB4).

Also, if you're using Traktor's effects a lot, you should ask yourself if you really need a mixer that has an onboard effects unit...

If you are going to buy a soundcard and don't need the onboard efx, basically every 4 channel mixer will do (and the DJM 900 would probably be overkill).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12