Keep the s4 mk2 or upgrade to djm 900 set up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Keep the s4 mk2 or upgrade to djm 900 set up

I currently have a s4 right now and I love it. But I keep on running into hick ups like the controller not sending midi correctly even though I have all of the up dated drivers. Can use Xlr and I can't pump the volume up as loud as I would like. So I've been contemplating upgrading to earns set up. A djm 900 and two x1's and a f1 or iPad to control remix decks and effects. Use the x1's for deck control and a little effects on the side and get an amazing mixer like the 900. So that ways it's modular and if something breaks I don't have replace a whole unit just one thing and I can upgrade something whenever I want. And I work in clubs all the time. Rarely parties or anything like that. So I want the ultimate setup for that. So would u guys recommend upgrading to the 900 setup or keeping the s4? Thank you

If you can make the financial move and you're ok with making the switch I don't see why not. You'll probably have a lot more fun with the 900 and X1's anyways.

Money is not a problem. But my question is why is it more fun?

cool EFX, better sound, traktor scratch certified, gets you used to the mixer for club environments.

I switched from the s4 to the 900 last year after my s4 broke. Functionally, s4 can do infinitely more than the 900 and it was definitely a little awkward to switch to the new work flow initially. With that being said, the 900 is much more reliable, is the standard at most clubs and I'm happy I made the switch.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Cause with the s4 I'm finding the eq's drop off immediately when u try slowly killing it. Like on my ddj sx it was super refined and felt super comfortable with controlling the eq's. With the s4 I don't. That's why I wanna upgrade also. Something of professional quality I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnyboy998 View Post
    Cause with the s4 I'm finding the eq's drop off immediately when u try slowly killing it. Like on my ddj sx it was super refined and felt super comfortable with controlling the eq's. With the s4 I don't. That's why I wanna upgrade also. Something of professional quality I guess.
    the djm900 is pretty much as good as it gets

Tech Guru

Also switched to the DJM 900 after my 2nd S4 had a whole list of faults. Going modular helps massively if you play at clubs as you only need to bring an X1 + sound card, if they have a mixer there already.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Ok then one more question. What would u guys use with it to have a full set up that covers deck control, effects and remix decks?

Tech Guru

An X1 and an F1 is a good place to start. You shouldn't need a 2nd X1 if you're using Remix Decks and aren't going too heavy on FX.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast