Launchpad as step-sequencer

Default Launchpad as step-sequencer

Heya guys, I'm looking to expand my creative-abilities and I want to add a step sequencer...

The thing is my (windows) laptop is rather old so I can't run Live alongside Traktor without it starting to lagg and stutter...

I already have a launchpad, so I'd like to use that as a controller...

Does anyone here know of a nice lightweight step-sequencer that I can sync with Traktor and control with a Launchpad?

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Tech Mentor

And what exactly do you want to sequence with that step-sequencer, since the only thing you want to have running besides the step-sequecer seems to be Traktor (and as far as I know Traktor isn'tparticularly suited to being step-sequenced....)?

Well I want to use it for drum hits, kinda like say Richie Hawtin does with his Maschine.

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Tech Mentor

A step sequencer isn't what you need, since the only thing is does sequence other devices and does not play any sounds itself...

You need a full grown drum machine / groove box that works standalone (not just as a plugin). Products that come to mind are said Maschine and FXpansion Geist, but neither of them is exactly "lightweight"...

Maybe the Artutia Spark or SparkLE? I doubt you can control it with your launchpad though. If you really want to use your launchpad, you'd probably have to use A max4live device.