Need help with sound setup

Default Need help with sound setup

Hey,

I have an issue with traktor not not playing to my audio box 44vsl. i have 2 monitors (eris 5) on the master outputs i even tried them on channels 3 and 4. nothing is playing off them i cant even get sound off my headphones. i have tried all the settings on the program, even asio and the presonus program for the box but nothing is working. can anyone help me with this issue?

Please and thank you!

ok finally figured it out but just need help trying to figure out why my speakers are crackling once in a while

Do you get the crackle in your headphones as well? If so, it may be a latency issue. Turning off my wireless card adapters resolved mine. Could also be a CPU load issue if you get crackles in the headphones.

i dont think its a latency issue... it dropped from 54 to 12 after i got everything set up again properly. (it brought a tear to my eye...) and it was only on the speakers, didnt notice anything on the headphones unless i didnt pay attention to it at the time... cpu should be good but i will definitely check that out again.

If it's just on your speakers, is it in both speakers or just one? Try different cables or your mixer/controller/sound card outputs or speaker inputs may be shoddy/have a short. Try to isolate the cables to the speakers as well so they're not in close proximity to other cables and use balanced cables if possible. (XLR or TRS)

Thank you! I found out that it is my cables and got the right ones for it. sounds better now. but now i cant get my setup correctly lol. im using the presonus audiobox setup in which it would let me control the volume needed from the box when its on. but when i leave it on for just channels 3 and 4 it plays both on the speakers and the headphones. when i leave it off it plays separately. but then i have to leave the volume really low from the controller... idk if i would be able to record the mix if its that low when i cant see movements from the meters... it just gets more frustrating as i go... lol
    Last edited by Deanlists; 01-24-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: forgot to thank them