Whats next for Traktor!!? Miles behind in controller market now! - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fango Jett View Post
    I think he is using his S2 for small parties and his A10 when the venue already has a setup
    Yeah I think you're right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by atontheproton View Post
    a10 to use with an s2 that has an internal soundcard? Sounds redundant.
    This is still incorrect with regards to timecode which was the point that I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    This is still incorrect with regards to timecode which was the point that I was making.
    Then it would be two different set ups ran through different channels to mix together. I simply stated that it wouldn't make sense to run an s2 through an a10 soundcard and bypass the s2 (if you can even do that i'm unsure) If you want to use the s2 alongside another set up that is a whole new story but my saying it would be redundant to use the a10 with an s2 is not false.

It wouldn't make sense to do that because you're s2 is fully capable if being ran without an external sound source.

Even with the s4 you don't need an external soundcard to run traktor on decks alongside it, it just runs through the unit itself.

If you want to pull up every post of mine and say they're 100% wrong when you are simply not understanding my side properly and you don't expect any flac back from it then you're living in another world on your own.

Or maybe you just don't know what the word redundant means.

re·dun·dant
    riˈdəndənt/Submit
    adjective
    not or no longer needed or useful; superfluous.
    "an appropriate use for a redundant church"
    synonyms: unnecessary, not required, inessential, unessential, needless, unneeded, uncalled for; More

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Like what..? Correcting someone when they post incorrect information? I did say "I'm not having a go"......jeeeees man don't have a cow. I think you are being a bit sensitive.

Cow isn't being had I just don't think you' are right in calling me wrong and therefore I feel I am obliged as a human being to fight for what is right. You put me in a situation where you called me out on being wrong when I wasn't. It was a simple case of understanding and we are trying to get different points across.

Id be a push over if I just let your flawed posts go without correcting them.

By pulling up my every post and saying they are all wrong you are having
    "not" a go so to state that you aren't when your action of the post contradict that fully doesn't make it "ok."

It was a go and if you didn't want it to be you would have done it in a manner that wasn't condescending towards the poster. As a mod to DJTT I would expect a less demeaning form of posting but that is out of my control.
    Last edited by atontheproton; 01-29-2014 at 03:22 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by atontheproton View Post
    Then it would be two different set ups ran through different channels to mix together. I simply stated that it wouldn't make sense to run an s2 through an a10 soundcard and bypass the s2 (if you can even do that i'm unsure) If you want to use the s2 alongside another set up that is a whole new story but my saying it would be redundant to use the a10 with an s2 is not false.
    You can use the S2 and A10 in the same setup without connecting one to the other. The S2 acts as a MIDI controller and all audio I/O goes through the A10.

If you need timecode, phono/line inputs, MIDI I/O, additional outputs - you would need an additional sound card to pair with the S2, like an Audio 10 for example.

You and others appear to have misread the post you were originally referencing, which was describing the DJM 900, Audio 10, and S2 being used in completely separate setups. If you're unsure on how setups work, you are welcome to ask questions rather than making statements about what does and does not make "sense".
    Last edited by makar1; 01-29-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I have a decent idea on how set ups work as I own what we are talking about, by saying it doesn't make sense doesn't mean I don't know about it. Regardless. Sorry for taking things out of context.
    Last edited by atontheproton; 01-29-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Tech Mentor

I always laugh when some poor shmo says that "(insert favorite company)" is way behind the competition after one of the competitor's products is updated. Controllers are in a stage of growth and development now. There really isn't "one" standard. This is the reason why I think controllers are toys and gadgets, not real production/audio gear. There are so many little options and buttons with each controller than comes out. More and more useless features that kill the human element of DJing. What more/else do you want in a controller? Just stick with what works for you and your needs, and stop complaining about not having something that is probably irrelevant to 90% of your needs.

Miles behind? Maybe as far as out of the tin methods go.

Traktor users look other place though and make their own mappings using all kinds of kits. My current kit can be seen in my signature, only two X1's from NI that I use live. We'll find a way along until NI makes something that shatters the market I'm sure.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Wooops...

Turn your back on a thread for a second and it gets out of hand

Here to set the record straight (pun intended )

So i use my DJM 900 at home with the built in TSP cert soundcard, not the A10.

I use my Audio 10 if i want to play out and use my X1 and or TC with club mixer, say a Xone 92 / DJM 800

I use my S2 on its own for small house parties / some bar gigs where I'm maybe bringing all equipment, like they only have a shit mixer i'll just bypass it and us S2.

PS Thanks Karlos, yes i'd like to think I know my stuff... lots of cows being had up in this bitch
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post

PS Thanks Karlos, yes i'd like to think I know my stuff... lots of cows being had up in this bitch
    you only know your stuff once you´ve given it real names. or would you give your kids names like X1, R2D2 (that one would be the only exception )?
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast