Whats next for Traktor!!? Miles behind in controller market now! - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

X1 is still the best controller on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    X1 is still the best controller on the market.
    that statement is so stupid
    there is no best controller, theres a balance that depends on preferences

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I could play a great set with a mouse.
    I require proof :P
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Well, thanks for the respectful reply.

All-in-one controllers are cheaper than an x1-soundcard-mixer set up. It's also easier to learn to beatmatch on the former.
    These are literally the only two advantages of all-in-one controllers over the x1.

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Well, thanks for the respectful reply.

All-in-one controllers are cheaper than an x1-soundcard-mixer set up. It's also easier to learn to beatmatch on the former.
    These are literally the only two advantages of all-in-one controllers over the x1.
    what about the CMD range? or reloop contour? there are more modular ones out there, and they many more advantages

Tech Wizard

I think its just because some of the more desirable controllers that have come out recently have been Serato based. Lots of people would love to see a Traktor version of the new Pioneer controllers & the NS711. And lots of people would like to see more mixers certified. People like new shiny equipment. I won't be changing to Serato but i do like a lot of the new controllers that are serato based.
    2x Denon Dns 3700s, Korg Zero 4, NI x1, Macbookpro, KRK rocket 8s, KRK sub.

Tech Guru

The loop counters on the X1 is a massive advantage. Also, since it was made by NI, it has a more native (pun unintended) connection with Traktor which may not be apparent now, but I can assure you NI do think of their controllers when they update their software.

P.S. I kind of misread and thought you meant NI would have to bring out a new controller to keep up, so my bad on this, but I still believe that X1 is the best controller out there.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    I think its just because some of the more desirable controllers that have come out recently have been Serato based. Lots of people would love to see a Traktor version of the new Pioneer controllers & the NS711. And lots of people would like to see more mixers certified. People like new shiny equipment. I won't be changing to Serato but i do like a lot of the new controllers that are serato based.
    I know what you mean. I'm just now trying my hand at DJing, but have been into production, midi, and sound design for many years so I have Gear Addiction Syndrom of course.

When looking at controllers, all the really cool ones that caught my eye and looked like professional pieces of gear that I would love to play with were serato controllers.

The turn off for them is that Serato doesn't let you use your own sound card, remap your controller, and basically fiddle which is what I want. But damn are they slick. Again I don't know much about this area being a noob but to me it seems like native instruments is going to strangle themselves by not really working with controller manufacturers and thinking they've got it down so why update/compete or form partnerships with other hardware companies. ...then again i think i've settled on buying 2 traktor x1s because well, I have traktor so might as well stick with hardware that I know will work.

Yay competition!

I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be a new "standard".

I kind of like having no standard, makes it more acceptable to show up with some weird ass shit that suits exactly YOU.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Mentor

Let's remember here, Serato did not create any of these new controllers.

Numark, Pioneer, Denon, and the other companies each made their own controllers, that are "optimized" for Serato DJ. Let's remember that you CAN map any controller to pretty much any software.

A controller can control almost anything you want it to. Lazy people...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast