Whats next for Traktor!!? Miles behind in controller market now! - Page 4
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Yay competition!

I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be a new "standard".

I kind of like having no standard, makes it more acceptable to show up with some weird ass shit that suits exactly YOU.
    Yeah this is relevant point. Pioneer have clearly tried to make this new controller appeal to those that have the mindset of "industry standard" which we all know is DJM/CDJ but, the very nature of controllers means there will never be a standard.

There is clearly a standard layout for most all-in-one-controllers but there will never be a standard model. I know there are many models of CDJ but the essence of the all is the same. Can't say that about all controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    Lazy people...
    I think DJTT is the one place where people are generally not lazy when it comes to controllers.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yeah this is relevant point. Pioneer have clearly tried to make this new controller appeal to those that have the mindset of "industry standard" which we all know is DJM/CDJ but, the very nature of controllers means there will never be a standard.

There is clearly a standard layout for most all-in-one-controllers but there will never be a standard model. I know there are many models of CDJ but the essence of the all is the same. Can't say that about all controllers.

I think DJTT is the one place where people are generally not lazy when it comes to controllers.
    It is ironic that controllers offer the most flexibility to have them do almost whatever you want, yet most people are quick to jump on the newest thing even if it's basically doing the same thing as your current gear. If you're creative you can recreate a lot of features from other hardware.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    It is ironic that controllers offer the most flexibility to have them do almost whatever you want, yet most people are quick to jump on the newest thing even if it's basically doing the same thing as your current gear. If you're creative you can recreate a lot of features from other hardware.
    I could not agree more.

Mixing is mixing, you can do it for free with an app. You come off as a gear slut more interested in blinking lights than furthering your ability to create beautiful journeys out of amazing tracks.

NI isn't the problem, your insatiable hunger for new buttons to press is.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    This. It seems like people will happily enjoy their chosen controller until something new/different comes out, and then they "suddenly" realize just how unhappy they really were with that setup.

In fact, they are suddenly SO unhappy that they threaten to switch to an unfamiliar software platform simply to have access to that controller (often without ever using it first, like in this instance). They get angry that this new flagship controller wasn't specifically tailored for them, and forget that they already have what they need.

I've never seen a group of consumers so perpetually dissatisfied with a product that they supposedly use out of passion, and who are so quick to believe the marketing hype about the superiority of a new controller before it's even released.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    I've never seen a group of consumers so perpetually dissatisfied with a product that they supposedly use out of passion, and who are so quick to believe the marketing hype about the superiority of a new controller before it's even released.
    iPhone/Samsung Galaxy S4, XBox/Playstation

Just sayin...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    iPhone/Samsung Galaxy S4, XBox/Playstation

Just sayin...
    The truth!

----

I still think this new controller could be an epic flop. It's too damn big for any regular DJ booth, too expensive for people to use at home and once again way too big to be portable. DJs who use CJDs will want actual CDJs and controller users will want their own gear, I don't see the point. Though lacking in experience, I could be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JZed View Post
    I still think this new controller could be an epic flop. It's too damn big for any regular DJ booth, too expensive for people to use at home and once again way too big to be portable. DJs who use CJDs will want actual CDJs and controller users will want their own gear, I don't see the point. Though lacking in experience, I could be totally wrong.
    There is only 1 club in my country that has a setup (2 CDJ200+DJM800)installed in the booth all others I need to bring my own. all of these booth are big enough for placing a flight with 2 CDJ+DJM.
    If I were a CDJ Dj and wanted to switch to digital I would want something that is similar and the DDJ SX and SZ fit that, the SZ more so.
    I think Pioneer never even thought this was going into bedrooms they have Ergo Wego SB for that.
    The DDJ-SZ does not need displays Serato can show way more details about your song then CDJ2000 Nexus display. This marriage with Serato might even be an attempt from pioneer to get away from Rekordbox later down the road.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Guru

If you were bringing a controller to a gig the SX would make a lot more sense. Serato is Pioneer's way into the MIDI controller market, not a replacement for Rekordbox.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I agree that the SX makes more sense and I do that now. by get away from RB later I meant more like in a few years when external medium CD SD USBstick are not used much any more they have a perfect alternative. They already have a mixer and their top CDJ's are HID with Serato. Not saying it going to happen but I do see it could.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast