MS Give it a rest. Win8 is crap, so now its time for Win9?!!?!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default MS Give it a rest. Win8 is crap, so now its time for Win9?!!?!

Yea so i just passed through this article talking about how big headed Microsoft is getting on revealing their new OS
    WIndows 9. at a conference in Aprill 2014.

Im sorry, already there is WAY too few items.... let me rephrase that, there are WAY TOO MANY programs that DONT work with windows 8. For me this is a staggering bad feeling im getting.

It appears Microsoft is gearing up to debut its latest operating system — Windows 9 — in April at its annual BUILD 2014 conference.

Rumors have begun swirling as Microsoft prepares to open registration for its developers conference April 2 to 4 in San Francisco.

The conference — which the Redmond software giant is describing as “an unprecedented learning opportunity for developers building on the Microsoft platform” — would be an ideal place to announce Windows 9.

Codenamed ‘Threshold’, Windows 9 is expected to hit store shelves in April 2015, according to Microsoft expert Paul Thurrott.

To distance itself from the Windows 8 debacle, Microsoft is currently planning to drop the Windows 8 name and brand this next release as Windows 9,” Thurrott said in a post to his website. “That could change, but that’s the current thinking.”

Windows 9, Thurrott was told by sources, will include the return of the Start menu and the capacity to run Metro-style apps on the desktop along with desktop applications.

“But Threshold is more important than any specific updates. Windows 8 is tanking harder than Microsoft is comfortable discussing in public, and the latest release, Windows 8.1, which is a substantial and free upgrade with major improvements over the original release, is in use on less than 25 million PCs at the moment,” Thurrott wrote.

“That’s a disaster, and Threshold needs to strike a better balance between meeting the needs of over a billion traditional PC users while enticing users to adopt this new Windows on new types of personal computing devices. In short, it needs to be everything that Windows 8 is not.”

Microsoft debuted its long-awaited Windows 8.1 upgrade in October. It was made available as a free download to all existing Windows 8 customers.

The software addressed many of users’ concerns with Windows 8. The update featured the return of the Start button, provided shortcuts to commands and apps and offered the ability to boot to the traditional desktop layout. Other changes included two new tile sizes (large and small) and the ability to sync customizations, apps and files across all Windows 8.1 devices.

Despite the significant changes, reviews of Windows 8.1 have been mixed, which is likely why Microsoft is so eager to launch the new version of its operating system.

Some analysts and experts have accused Microsoft’s beleaguered Windows 8 of harming PC sales.

IDC analyst Bob O’Donnell has been especially critical and blamed the 14 percent dip in global computer shipments in the first-quarter of 2013, in part, on the lackluster Windows 8.

“While some consumers appreciate the new form factors and touch capabilities of Windows 8, the radical changes to the (user interface), removal of the familiar Start button, and the costs associated with touch have made PCs a less attractive alternative to dedicated tablets and other competitive devices,” O’Donnell said in a note to investors last year. “Microsoft will have to make some very tough decisions moving forward if it wants to help reinvigorate the PC market.”

Perhaps Windows 9 will be the key to a boost in computer sales. If Threshold turns out to be a disappointment too, however, Microsoft will certainly have more abuse heaped on its head.

All windows after XP have been crap and XP wasn't that great either.

Let the age of android come in.

It's known that Windows fails on every other OS launch they do...

XP was good
    Vista sucked
    7 was good
    8 sucks
    9 should be ok

XP was GREAT.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    XP was GREAT.
    Touche

let me rephrase that, there are WAY TOO MANY programs that DONT work with windows 8.
    that would be a third party problem now wouldn't it?

anyway. in my opinion microsoft tried to fix something with windows 8 that wasn't broken in the first place. metro looks good for working on a tablet, but quite useless for a desktop or laptop. there is really no point in having in on there.

but i'm not really moaning. i'm still on windows 7 which does everything i need and is solid as hell. jumping on a new OS without it being field tested by others is never that smart. let a few months pass, let them iron out the hickups and see, if it is worth the upgrade.

Last edited by feedbackl00p; 07-29-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Tech Guru

Never jump on the version after a good version. Anyone who has used windows over the years will tell you that.

Hopefully they nail this one. Even though I'm a Mac user I still have to use Windows at work so I want it to be better than 8.

8 didn't even show up on my radar.

Looks like a fuckin' toy.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    8 didn't even show up on my radar.

Looks like a fuckin' toy.
    It's pretty bad

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast