Possible stupid question... couldn't find anything googling it though

Default Possible stupid question... couldn't find anything googling it though

Alright so I have a pair of rokit 8's and so does my buddy. If we were to say have a small gathering and bring them together, could they all be hooked up to the same S4 to have twice the volume spread out around the area? or is two the max?

you can't daisy chain them together, but you could always get a couple of rca y-adapters to split the signal from the S4 if your doing it on the cheap, or buy a cheap mixer that has four outputs or master/booth.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Do you have an S4 mk1 or mk2? Either way you can connect to both the TRS and RCA outputs at the same time. The benefit of the mk2 is that you can have independent volume control of each set (flick to booth).

Yeah, mixers/controllers with booth-out or even record-out should do the trick.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

I have the mk2. My pair is hooked up via XLR or TRS or whatever, so I could effectively hook his up with RCA cables if I switch the mode to booth on the back?

Yes, hook the second set to the RCA outs and switch to booth setting, this will give you independent volume control of both sets of speakers.

Please note that when you move the switch to booth, the Volume control on the top of the S4mk2 will control the volume of the booth RCA outputs, and the small volume control on the back will control the TRS outputs.

The reason you will want independent control is because there may be volume differences when using the unbalanced RCA vs balanced TRS outputs, so this will allow you to get the volume from each speaker set the same.

Tech Guru

It might be easier if you don't set it to Booth, and balance the gains using the dial on the back of the Rokits.

That way you can easily adjust the Master volume across all 4 speakers simultaneously.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB