optimal spacings between arcade buttons / between pots on a custom build controller?
    Tech Mentor

Default optimal spacings between arcade buttons / between pots on a custom build controller?

I'm building my own custom controller(s). I have all parts needed, and I know the organization of how I want the layout(s) to be.
    there is one thing I'm not sure of and that is what spacings should I have between each arcade button in like a grid formation (they are the same ones DJTT sell)?
    and how about spacing potentiometers (they will have super knob chroma caps on them)?

any advice?

Tech Mentor

The buttons on a midifighter fit into 24mm holes, with the surround to stop it falling through the hole being 27mm, depends on the material you're making the bezel out of but 30mm centres should be ok in acrylic, that leaves a 3mm gap between the button surrounds.

However, that's a guideline, the real question is the size of your fingers and how far you need to have them spread to be comfortable for hours at a time. I would suggest making a number of layouts from cardboard and seeing how they feel.

As for spacing the knobs, that's going to depend entirely on you, from what I've seen, if it's a button/knob layout then the knobs are just placed above the buttons, so that it all looks uniform.