new progressive house mix with GoPro view! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Which GoPro model and which view and resolution is this shot in? Thanks!
    Vestax VCI-400, Midi Fighter, SRH-750DJ's, Traktor Pro 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by urbanj View Post
    Which GoPro model and which view and resolution is this shot in? Thanks!
    i use the GoPro hero 3 black edition. resolution is 720p 60fps.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    Not true man, I have a 38 minute mix and youtube detected songs through out. The key is to check beforehand what songs are allowed on youtube or not, along with checking any location restrictions that may exist with those songs.

If you stay away from playing super mainstream stuff your usually fine
    ya i uploaded a tech house one and it didn't get hit at all!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by omers View Post
    You asked for feedback so here comes...

The Good:

• Your phrasing is very good; everything is tight and on time. Considering phrasing is for some reason something a lot of people struggle with I appreciate this a lot.
    • The song selection has commercial appeal and even though I hated just about every track while I was listening to it I know it's exactly the kind of mix that will get shit tons of views/listens. It's also what most college kids these days want to hear... I'm just an old fart (get off my lawn).
    • Consistent levels throughout the whole mix. The whole mix sounded consistent and almost like it was mastered. There was no luls moving into a song or excessive peaking... Well done, sounded very professional.
    • Almost perfect continuity and energy flow. The whole mix flows very well without abrupt changes in energy which again speaks to good song selection. The only thing I would mention here is that mixes that are so perfectly setup in their energy tend to be really boring when you're actually on the dancefloor but for a studio mix it's exactly what you're looking for... just make sure you know the difference between the studio and the dance floor.

The nit picky (not bad but caught my attention):

• Almost zero Progressive House in your Progressive House mix. Lots of Electro House and Big Room though. That said, most people just call Big Room "Prog House" these day anyway but there's still a lot of Electro in there so I'd at least tag it [Electro/Prog House] because I'm picky like that.
    • You use the effects and filters A LOT. They're subtle(ish), on time, and sound good with the music but you touch those knobs more in one hour than I do in a whole month of weekly gigs... With how long some of those songs solo out perhaps less knobbing and more bringing the next track in?
    • You're very timid in the way you touch your mixer. I don't know why this always grabs my attention when I'm watching videos but it does... There's nothing inherently wrong with it but it looks really weird... You're playing hardish Electo House but you work that mixer like you're playing the most minimal techno available. As I said, there's nothing wrong with it but it just gives the look of someone way too concentrated on what they're doing when there needs to be some spontaneity to make things interesting.

The Needs Work:

• A few key clashes in the mix. Not a lot of them but a few that really stuck out. You split cue most of the mix but I'd recomend right before executing a transition that you quickly cue both outgoing and incoming in the same ear because it's easier to hear key clashes that way. No amount of eq knob diddling, filter application, or effects will fix a key clash (well... except the harmonic colour effect but that's beside the point.) If you hear a key clash it's time to find a new track not force the mix.
    • Double bass in your face... There are more than just a few instances of both channels being at 100% with both bass knobs at 12 o'clock... The bottom end of the spectrum fills out way faster than the top end and because the bass in House and it's sub-genres is where most of the energy comes from it's super easy to muddy up the bass and just make everything sound flat and gross. You might not hear it in your headphones but both tracks with full bass on a sound system generally doesn't work so well. There are exceptions but not as many exceptions as instances of double bass in your mix.
    thanks for all the tips! and i would say i did play a lot of electro tracks but there was a solid few that where most defiantly progressive! i was using KRK monitors so when i have both basses up it didn't sound muddy on my end. but i do know what you mean. If you like the tech house type of mix more ill link that mix for you, even though i have both basses at 100% a couple times thanks again!

Tech Guru

You can choose a different license when you upload, that might help…i think its creative commons or something to that effect
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12