Please help with vci cross fader and faders
    Tech Mentor

Default Please help with vci cross fader and faders

Hi guys finally got my hands on the vci-100, i am having a bit of bother getting the crossfader to work on the vci, it does not move in traktor pro, i have tried a few tsi's and nothing, is there something i am missing?My Fw is 1.1.I have traktor pro.1.12

Any help will be good as i got a gig sat and hopefully i can use this.

You tried manually mapping it? Is mixer set to internal mode?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Default vci

Thanks for reply.
    I have now got the fader working ok, I can get sound internally and the fader is working but the way i wanted to use the vci was as follows.

I wanted the crossfader to work on the vci and use the clubs mixer just to run sound out, all eq on the vci etc, but when i set it this way the vci's fader wont work as the mixer is set to exsternal and I can only use the clubs cross fader?(is there no way around this?).

When i do have the vci set internal mixer the fader works but cueing is not right, when i choose the m-audio's conetiv sound card to monitor i cannot hear each channel seperatly.

Any help would be good.

Ok... I think i understand.

Basically you want to plug into 1 channel on the club mixer from your soundcard but use the traktor and the vci on internal mixer mode.

Have you got a 4 channel soundcard? you need to set the monitor l + r and master l + r to 4 sepertae channels - usually 0 + 1 for master 2 + 3 for monitor.

Then you would just to connect the 0 + 1 outputs to a single channel on the club mixer but use traktor and vci in internal mixer mode.

Hope that makes sense

good luck
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

I have a connectiv which is 2 in and 2 out, it had 2x lines going out and it all works fine if i use the crossfader on the clubs mixer but i got the vci for all in one unit.

Tech Mentor

Been on it all afternoon and mixing with it is fine even on 1.1fw, but the cueing thing has bugged me, as i can only do it on exsternal mixer and not on my actual sound card, I dont wanna spend out £300 notes on a sound card so I am starting to wonder if i got the right thing now, and even bought a firmware kit from DJTT

Man I feel a fool, I was trying to use the connectiv sound card as a main source to choose which channel, i was not using cue(monitor buttons properly on vci-100.

Phew!Thought I made a boob.
    Last edited by mr.raw; 10-09-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Doh....

I think you need a 4 output sound card.

NI Audio 2 DJ is a budget option (less than £100) but supposed to be really good. Made for this exact situation.

Or you could try using traktor in mono mode? maybe use break out cables?

Tech Mentor

Default Getting there

M-Audio Card seems fine now, cues no probs, just sitting down and gridding some tracks for sat night, so after what seemed like a non starter everything seems ok now, just got to wait for my firmware kit to arrive and flash it.

Been trying a few tsi's, not many work well and seem a bit buggy but i'm using the raggae tsi and its not to bad.

hey

To do what your wanting you have to set the laptop to "internal" mixing. Even though your running the sound through the clubs mixer, your basically only using that as a socket to connect into the sound system you're still wanting to do all of your mixing on the VCI so you need to be set to internal mixing, not external.

I just checked the sound card out and when you say your card is two in and two I see you mean two stereo channels, which is exactly what you need. Most people on this site would count the mono channels and call that a 4 in 4 out sound card because confusingly that's the way NI have chosen do it on their Audio 4 and 8 etc, even though DJ's and mixer manufacturers are normally used to talking about stereo channels and, say, a 4 input mixer would have 4 stereo channels so 8 connections in all.

So in the NI controls you would pick mixing internally and set one channel to the main mix and one channel to the monitor mix. The main mix would go into the clubs mixer and to the sound system and once you had turned up the club mixer you wouldn't have to touch it again, everything would be mixed on the VCI.

then you would connect your monitor speaker or headphones to the monitor channel and use the cue buttons to select which one or combination of your tracks inside Traktor was sent to them.

Hope that clears things up

k
    Last edited by kevinmcdonough; 10-09-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Tech Mentor

Default sorted

Indeed guys it's all ok now, just got to wait for fw kit to sort the ramping up on the jog wheel and i shall be fine.

I am deffo going to use Trajktor long term but I have a VDJ6 full version and it works out of the box and no real ramp up errors, ah well, it will do for sat night then will get this vci-100 running smooth in traktor by next week.

Thanks for all ya help guys....Much Love.