Speakers ramdomly started buzzing with traktor
    Tech Mentor

Default Speakers ramdomly started buzzing with traktor

My set up

traktor a6 package comes with sound card and everything needed for timecode vinyl
    gemini tt02 direct drive x2
    numark dm3000 x mixer
    accer laptop windows 8
    amp speakers
    everything was working fine but then my speakers started buzzing its really annoying but when i connect my aux lead to my amp no buzzing at all

any ideas

could be a ground from your tables or a faulty speaker cable or rca's.

What shape is your mixer in, is it dusty?

There could be dust between your connection to your RCA or 1/4. Contact solution is always an idea. Just use it on your cable endings to clean things up. I generally don't spray it directly into my hardware and if for some stupid reason I ever needed to , for god sakes make sure the power is unplugged.

If everything is grounded (lots of stuff has an internal ground) and hooked up without any dust or particles interfering you should be fine.

Tech Mentor

Default a

Quote Originally Posted by atontheproton View Post
    could be a ground from your tables or a faulty speaker cable or rca's.

What shape is your mixer in, is it dusty?

There could be dust between your connection to your RCA or 1/4. Contact solution is always an idea. Just use it on your cable endings to clean things up. I generally don't spray it directly into my hardware and if for some stupid reason I ever needed to , for god sakes make sure the power is unplugged.

If everything is grounded (lots of stuff has an internal ground) and hooked up without any dust or particles interfering you should be fine.

yes its abit dusty I will have a good clean, I know its not the speaker wire because when I plug my iphone into the amp everything is fine

Reinstall drivers, that might work

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

Tech Mentor

Sounds like a ground loop to me.

There's several ways to deal with it, and you'll have to finde out which one works for you.

Anyways, first thing you should do is to find out which device is causing the problem. So just start from zero and add one device after the other to the signal chain.

Then you should try out one or several of the following:

- turn the plug 180° in the socket
    - connect all devices to the same powers trip
    - get a DI box