Midi Linked Modifiers (MLMs) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Second Bump.

To remind Patch...

It's really awesome what you can do with "thinking" midi routing and Traktor mapping. I find a way to hack in to the Loop Recorder and use it's beat position output to start up the step sequencer like LED pattern which is always on time with Traktor's internal MIDI clock speed. (no midi offset issue with this one)

Tech Convert

Default The Most Usefull Mapping-Technic Ever !

Try this cascade when selected track loads to Deck A:

Midi OUT 001 _ Load Modifier OUT

Midi IN 001 _ Sync On = Yes
    Midi IN 001 _ Loop Size = 4
    Midi IN 001 _ High Adjust Reset
    Midi IN 001 _ High Kill Off
    Midi IN 001 _ Mid Adjust Reset
    Midi IN 001 _ Mid Kill Off
    Midi IN 001 _ Low Adjust Reset
    Midi IN 001 _ Low Kill Off
    Midi IN 001 _ Filter Adjust Reset
    Midi IN 001 _ Filter Off
    Midi IN 001 _ Balance Adjust Reset
    Midi IN 001 _ Monitor Cue On
    Midi IN 001 _ FX Unit 1 Off
    Midi IN 001 _ FX Unit 2 Off
    Midi IN 001 _ FX Unit 3 Off
    Midi IN 001 _ FX Unit 4 Off
    Midi IN 001 _ Key Adjust Reset
    Midi IN 001 _ Flux Mode Off

It is nessesary to route the Midi-Out Port virtual to the Midi-In Port.

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Basically the command line Traktor does when you check to reset mixer and deck controls within the preferences. Correct?

Tech Convert

Correct . but with a MLM-Output i can individually choose all controls i want to reset or adjust.

here is a list of controls the command line "reset mixer / deck" will not reset / adjust:

- Sync On / Off
    - FX Units On / Off
    - Filter On / Off
    - Flux Mode On / Off
    - Keylock On / Off
    - Deck Volume = 0
    - Monitor Cue On / Off
    - Waveform Zoom Adjust
    - Loop Size
    - Advanced Tab On / Off
    - Advanced Tab Selector
    - Move Mode Selector
    - Move Size Selector

- X-Fader Position
    - X-Fader Assignment
    - Monitor Cue Volume
    - Monitor Mix
    - Layout Selector

some of them are very usefull and saves your time when you really need.

try it out !!!

Traktor can accept the input for all those commands at once. No need for advanced mapping trickery right there

But this kind of hotkeys are very useful. I have a few keys mapped to reset and preset the Stems Deck controls. All the stuff that NI currently doesn't address in the Controller Manager but can be achieved ether by creating macro controls or by looping MIDI signals back in to Traktor.

Just looked trough the documentation, wow man, respect, thanks so much for sharing this!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Midi Linked Modifiers. That might be the exact thing I was looking for. I tried to search for something like this, but I had no idea which keywords to use. Now I do.

Just checking; I'm remapping my entire setup, but I have been working on some stability / audio isseus in the mean time. Therefore I have not been very enthousiastic about using middleware alongside traktor. I'd like to hear people's opinions on this, because you guys seem to trust on bome heavily.
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

Tech Convert

Hi Deksel, (sry,for my bad english)

i hope to understand you correct ?
    you made bad experiences with middleware for stability / audio issues. that makes you distrustful about using middleware.
    now you want to remap you entire MIDI setup ? (bome will not solve your audio problems).

i love miditranslator for the endless possibilities to work with MIDI by using variables, timers, delays....
    i think there is nothing with MIDI you cant do with the app. but it is not quite easy to understand how to use the best features
    like rules and variables. if your MIDI setup is very large or complicated, miditranslator can save a lot of time for you, or makes really crazy technics possible. miditranslator is not really expensive but i need a lot time to work with it like i do now.

for simple MIDI tasks you can use free software (MIDI Patchbay, TransMIDIfier, MIDI Pipe)
    for example: routing a MIDI-output command back to MIDI-input command to use it as Modifier.

I can give you a detailed answer after a few questions:
    What is your Reason to remap your Setup ?
    Which Controllers do you want to use ?
    Which features of Traktor do you want to use ?
    Should one mapping react of some others ?
    Do you use NHL mappings as well ?
    Do you want use some special midi behaviour features Traktor-Editor cant realize for you ? (tab, double tab & hold, midi clock)

Hi earobic,

thanks for the response.
    I think I've got a handle on the problems: Audio issues were resolved by removing me Reloop contour and it's ASIO driver. Traktor crashes seem to be resolved after upgrading to 2.10.1 (been testdriving for several hours, no problesm so far)
    I ran into a problem of too little Midi channels (I don't want controllers to use the same channels) and too little modifier states when I tried to map Hot cues to the Traktor Kontrol F1's Midi Mode. I've resolved that by resorting to the user mode. I had to give up white lights, but I freed up another Midi channel, and the User Mode (some kind of NHL i guess) is fairly straight forward.
    I'm still interested in the concept of Midi Linked Modifiers, but for now I'm taking a break from mapping / bugfixing, so I'll just keep watching this thread.
    Traktor Pro 2.6.8, Ableton Live 9, Allen & Heath Xone:K2, Traktor Kontrol F1, Reloop Contour Interface Edition, Traktor Audio 2, Midi Fighter Twister Asus N56VZ 15" Core i7 rd gen laptop on Windows 10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast