Possible to use a second mixer with Z2 or 62 for scratching

Default Possible to use a second mixer with Z2 or 62 for scratching

So I have a DIF-1S, and am looking to get either a Z2 or a sixty two(probably z2) in the near future. I basically want to be able to use both mixers and tables, with DVS. So if a friend comes over and we want to cut, can one of us each grab one tt and one mixer, and cut to an external beat? Or do I need like an a6 separately? If possible, how would the hookups go?

Ideally I would have left table going to 1S, then output (low volume maybe) going to the Z2. I know tthat works fine on really vinyl, but what about DVS? Will the pre-amp of the first mixer impact the readability of the control tone?

Hope this makes sense. Just want to scratch with a friend both using DVS.

Tech Guru

The control tone should carry through two mixers without issues but there's no point putting it through a 2nd mixer.

With a DVS system the mixer is there only to manipulate the audio output, so you'll need an external sound card if you want to route decks to 2 separate mixers.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

I would assume you could Pipe the second mixer's master through the first ones aux input.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental