Super Duper vs Carbon Copy Cloner
    Tech Guru

Default Super Duper vs Carbon Copy Cloner

Ive been searching around to see what one is better and they basically seem the same at this point. Does anyone prefer one over the other? Any bad experiences with either one? I'm just trying to figure out which one is better and if its worth to pay the extra for carbon copy cloner.
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

I have always used CCC with 110% perfect results. I think the first time I used it was '08 and I have probably clones at least 40 times in the last 6 years. I have never used anything else but CCC is fast and flawless.

LOVE me some CCC. Bootable external disk that can be plugged into any other computer & not lose any downtime? Absolutely priceless.

Tech Mentor

I've used Super Duper for years and I'm as full of praise for it as the posters above are for CCC...

Just go for whichever one you prefer the style of, I say.

They both do basically the same thing, and do it well.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

CCC seems to be more forgiving with old flakey hard discs, but if everything is working to begin with they are on even ground.

Is there any issues running CCC on a MacBook with 2 SSD's on a raid 0? I have an extra HD laying around and wouldn't mind trying this out.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Mentor

I'm using CCC only from the super positive reviews that almost all DJ's have been giving.

Neither. I use Disk Utility when you boot from a Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks USB installer. Choose the Restore Tab, select your source and destination drive and let it do it's thing. Perfect bootable drive every time.