Ill apologize off the get go because this has to be on here somewhere, but I am just starting out and ready to land a gig, what am I missing? The Demo mix. I have a pretty diverse music palate and I like mixing up
From what I gather so far:
- 30 min to 1 hour
- Start hot, end hotter
- Showcase your skill/ style
- Make sure genre matches the venue
What I'm missing:
- How much do these guys really care about mixing?
- Local and college bars: Do they just want hits? If so, how many?
- I like mixing a lot of genres, Should I stick to one?
Basically my issues with the demo boil down to whether hard work will fall on deaf ears and if I should give them more of what they want and less of what I want. For the record I live in a major college town and as I am new, I'm not looking to hit the hottest clubs off the bat. On the same note i feel like in these places people are there for drinks and not music, so how do you make them listen?
Any, and all advice is greatly appreciated