CDJ900: BPM reading is very slow even after being analyzed with Rekordbox

Default CDJ900: BPM reading is very slow even after being analyzed with Rekordbox

Hi there,

First of all I know this is maybe a case of old firmware but unfortunately the guy who work at this DJ rental place doesn't know much about the technical details so let's just assume the firmware is up to date.

So here's what I do: I import songs to RB, analyze them, and then export to USB drive. That's it, right? But on the CDJ's the BPM reads very slowly, 1-2 minutes! What did I do wrong? Thank you in advance.

Tech Guru

Did you use Rekordbox to export?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Did you use Rekordbox to export?
    Yes. I select all music from Collection, right click, choose Export.

The studio guy told me it might be because my USB drive's capacity was too big (16 GB).

Tech Mentor

why not check the fireware.

check pioneers site. theres a how to. its like holding memory and something else while starting the cdj to get into firmware mode.

Tech Mentor

weird, I use a 64gb stick on my cdj900's and it works perfectly after analyzing in record box

Tech Convert

definitely would like to know if this is just a problem for you or all cdj-900s was looking to buy 2 of them soon

Tech Convert

definitely double check for updated firmware i use to have that problem on my cdj2k nxs

Pioneer cdj's officially support up to 32GB thumb drives. So your 16gb drive is hardly pusing the limit.