Want to use Traktor Z1 + focusrite 2i2, can I?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Want to use Traktor Z1 + focusrite 2i2, can I?

i'm willing to buy a Traktor Z1 to make my software mixing more real, I already have a focusrite 2i2, can I use the Z1 just to control traktor and have the audio coming out from the 2i2?

Thanks
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

The Z2 has a built in soundcard, but if you don't want to use it, yes, you can send the output through the 2i2.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JudemanG View Post
    The Z2 has a built in soundcard, but if you don't want to use it, yes, you can send the output through the 2i2.
    Thanks, also, is it possible to use the Z1 to control Serato DJ?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

The 2i2 only has 1 stereo output so you won't be able to use the headphone preview function. Therefore it would be better to use the Z1 as your sound card.

You should be able to map the Z1 to certain functions in SDJ but you'll still need dedicated SDJ hardware to unlock the software.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The 2i2 only has 1 stereo output so you won't be able to use the headphone preview function. Therefore it would be better to use the Z1 as your sound card.

You should be able to map the Z1 to certain functions in SDJ but you'll still need dedicated SDJ hardware to unlock the software.
    Thanks, so is there any other small mixer-like-controller that I could use for controlling both Traktor and SDJ?

Maybe the Xone:K1 but I noticed it doesnt have filter knobs (which are very useful for me), is it possible to make the gain knobs work like filters?

Yes, that's what I did with my K2. You can map it any way you like. I'm also selling my K2 because I never use it (have a DB2) but I see you live in Brazil!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Yes, that's what I did with my K2. You can map it any way you like. I'm also selling my K2 because I never use it (have a DB2) but I see you live in Brazil!
    Nice to know, thanks!

This is not the first time I loose a good deal because I live thousands of kilometers away hehehe thanks anyway.

The K2 seems to be a better option, I imagine it will also be able to work as just a controller and letting the output for the 2i2.
    Last edited by Daniboy; 01-31-2014 at 08:57 PM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You can assign whatever soundcard you like in Traktor Preferences.
    Just because a controller has a soundcard it doesn't mean you have to use it.

You will still need a dedicated Serato audio device if you wish to use both SDJ and TPRO.

I think yeah..that is possible.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You can assign whatever soundcard you like in Traktor Preferences.
    Just because a controller has a soundcard it doesn't mean you have to use it.

You will still need a dedicated Serato audio device if you wish to use both SDJ and TPRO.
    And is the Xone K2 dedicated Serato and Traktor device?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast