Want to use Traktor Z1 + focusrite 2i2, can I? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

No, the K2 is not a Serato device. Check the Serato website for their official controllers.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    No, the K2 is not a Serato device. Check the Serato website for their official controllers.
    Hm, but I am finding some MIDI mappings for Serato on the internet. It may not be a dedicated Serato controller, but if there are MIDI mappings I can use it with Serato right?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

You can map it to Serato, but you still need to connect an official Serato DJ controller first.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You can map it to Serato, but you still need to connect an official Serato DJ controller first.
    I don't get it, I need to connect the K2 to an official SDJ controller than connect the official controller to the notebook?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Is this trolling?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Is this trolling?
    Not from my part, I just want to know how to use a K2 with Serato.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Not from my part, I just want to know how to use a K2 with Serato.
    You can only use it as a midi controller.
    You MUST use a Serato DJ compatible soundcard.

You need to establish the difference between a midi controller and soundcard/device in your head dude.

Please read the Serato product pages.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You can only use it as a midi controller.
    You MUST use a Serato DJ compatible soundcard.

You need to establish the difference between a midi controller and soundcard/device in your head dude.

Please read the Serato product pages.
    I'm sorry but I can't find the answer on the Serato product pages.

I never went any far in this controller/MIDI world. I would like a helpfull soul to simplify for me what is the difference between a midi controller and a soundcard/device (I really can guess, but I don't know how it will make me use K2 on Serato).

Also, if someone could be explicit on how a Notebook + Focusrite 2i2 + Xone:K2 could work I would be very very thankfull.

Sorry for being a noob in this particular subject but that's why I'm posting it on a forum right?

Also if things didn't got clear, I just want to use the K2 to move the EQ knobs, move the filter knobs, move the volume faders and push buttons like play and cue on Serato. (I don't know if there is anything more it can do but anyway...)

Also I don't need any sound coming out of the K2, I just need it to control Serato and be able to turn knobs and volume faders at the same time (what is impossible with a mouse). I'm not going to use it on gigs, I just need it to test my tracks without having to burn CDs and using them on my CDJ-200s.

Thanks
    Last edited by Daniboy; 02-02-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Tech Guru

There is no point using a 2i2 with the K2, since the 2i2 has only one stereo output, whereas the K2 has two stereo outputs for monitor and master (this is for Traktor use of course).

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can MIDI map the mixer section in Serato at all.
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...l=1#post579805

You either have to use an official Serato controller, or an SL box with an external mixer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12