Serato DJ and Traktor Setup HELP!

Default Serato DJ and Traktor Setup HELP!

I want a setup that I can play either software with. I'm pretty set on picking up the VCI-400 with TP2 and Serato DJ but I also want a regular mixer to develop some scratch skills. I'm coming from a Traktor S4 and didn't really like the cross fader on it. I know you can use the 400 as a stand alone mixer but I don't know how good that will sound. I'm thinking about picking up a Vestax PMC-05ProIV along with a Serato SL2 and Scratch A6. I can't really make up my mind on the mixer setup. I would like some input on this setup. Anyone have any input on a sub $800 used or new mixer? Thanks in advance.

Tech Mentor

DDJ-SX. Comes with Serato and Pioneer has released a Traktor mapping. Scratching is possible, however, the bigger the jogs the better the scratch I think...

I'm pretty sure I'm sold on the VCI 400 for my controller setup. More looking for help with my mixer setup. Need something dependable and versatile under $700 new or used. I was also thinking of getting a Z2 and a SL2 but I don't know if that would work.

Well the Z2 price drop surely made this decision a lot easier.