Time Machine or External Hard drive issues. Any people in the know?
    Tech Mentor

Default Time Machine or External Hard drive issues. Any people in the know?

Not sure why but my external Hard drive is now not allowing me to access my items that I have saved onto it from my old laptop..... which means in the worst situation I have lost everything in my old laptop and the external drive has served absolutly no purpose. I know for a fact it did work because I have taken some stuff off it but now it is coming up with this message and it wont let me access the folders. What is funny is that it says that the hard drive has 2.7 or 2.3tb free which defo should not be the case!!
    Its never said this to me before and I am almost sure if it did say something like this it asked for a password which was okay. Now it just doesnt ask me for anything and thats all I get.
    Anyone know how I can access or find a way around this? Seems to have only happened recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Have you checked whether you have Read and Write permissions..?

Click on the Time Machine folder and choose Get Info and check Permission. Unlock and change your system permissions and chose 'Apply to Enclosed Folders/items'.

Have you setup a different Administrator account since making the TM backup?

Make a full backup if this works.

Tech Mentor

Screen Shot 2014-02-03 at 14.48.04.jpg

Changed all the permissions to Read & Write. I didnt see anywhere that said 'apply to enclosed folders/items'. though. I havent set up a new administration account since making it though.

Tech Mentor

Got it sorted. THanks for the help mate.