Traktor Scratch DVS Weirdness?

Default Traktor Scratch DVS Weirdness?

Is it just me or...

I've noticed that when I go from DVS to Live Input on a deck (using TSP 2.6.1) without remembering to first switch the deck back to Live Input, (put the needle on the record, realize I've forgotten to switch, then switch to Live Input with the needle still on) I can't seem to get the output level back to "normal." I max out the gain on the line on my mixer, (DJM 900 NXS) max the line volume but I still can't get the DB level back to 4, and the volume is way quiet. But, if I remember to switch the deck to Live Input before putting the needle on, I have no issues getting the gain to 4 (my usual level) without maxing the gain.

Is this just me/my configuration/setup? If I take the needle off the record and put back on will it go back to the typical level or do I just need to remember to switch back to Live Input each time or suffer the consequences?

Thx.

What's the problem here???

Just remember to switch to Live Input FIRST!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Unless you really need pre-fader Traktor FX, there's no need for live input with the DJM.

It does sound like a bug though. Have you tried updating Traktor?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    What's the problem here???

Just remember to switch to Live Input FIRST!
    This would be the ideal scenario, but I'm old and have killed a LOT of brain cells over the years so I forget sometimes.

Unless you really need pre-fader Traktor FX, there's no need for live input with the DJM.

It does sound like a bug though. Have you tried updating Traktor?
    I don't use Traktor FX with this setup, but in these scenarios I'm going back and forth between mixing DVS and live records, so I need the live input.

I'm too chicken to update Traktor with all the issues the last couple versions have had. I've been in IT too long and have a strict policy of not updating when things aren't broken or stable.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I don't use Traktor FX with this setup, but in these scenarios I'm going back and forth between mixing DVS and live records, so I need the live input.
    You don't need Live Input to do this. Just switch the channel input to Phono on the DJM, which is way more reliable than Live Input.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

have a strict policy of not updating when things aren't broken
    church.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You don't need Live Input to do this. Just switch the channel input to Phono on the DJM, which is way more reliable than Live Input.
    I guess I never considered switching it over on the mixer as opposed to the deck in Traktor. I actually only use Traktor for DVS/recording. I wouldn't then have to switch the Pio Setup utility outputs as well, would I? I guess I'll give it a try when I get home.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Tech Guru

Yes, the only thing you change is the input switch. It will still be sent to the REC OUT channel and be recorded in Traktor.