AFTER *new club in vegas rules - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

3am in Vegas is not the same as 3am in Berlin.

Vegas is a fuckin' fairy tale, and is full of idiots.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Yep, everyone except for you is an idiot. Solid way to backup a failing argument.

My mistake - 3am in Vegas IS The same as 3am in Berlin, right?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

My mistake - 3am in Vegas IS The same as 3am in Berlin, right?
    Anything you say professor

Tech Mentor

That's why this place exists, that's why that letter was made! It's the anti Vegas in Vegas, a place in Vegas to AVOID all the typical glam and flare.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JZed View Post
    that's why that letter was made!
    Banning a few artists, a couple of genres and internal mixing in serato doesn't guarantee that the club will be any different. For all we know, they'll play Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj (no disrespect to the latter) all night long.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JZed View Post
    That's why this place exists, that's why that letter was made! It's the anti Vegas in Vegas, a place in Vegas to AVOID all the typical glam and flare.
    Yet it will still probably be full of people trying to be cool, trying to avoid the uncool... it will be full of hipsters that think they are being 'underground'.

Does nobody get this... I go to 'underground' or non-mainstream clubs. They don't have to make gimmicky signs to get noticed. They just get on with putting nites on and treating their DJ's and their crowd with respect. They don't have to shout about it to look like they are being edgy or not following the herd.

How is anyone seeing this as positive publicity. It ain't. It cheapens the club, makes the owner look like a dick, ego maniac and sends out the wrong message. You may think the actual message is correct but the delivery is all wrong.

I have never seen a flyer that says "we aren't shit, promise" ... which is pretty much what that list is there to say.

You should not have to do this in a decent club, certainly not one that pertains to be 'underground'... If I or any of the bigger DJ's I know was presented with that list our reaction would be "what, you think you need to tell me that".... fuckin disrespectful at the least and down right pathetic.

BUT:
    That list isn't 'really' for the DJ's it's to tell the Vegas clubbers that the club isn't gonna be shit like all the others but why would you have to say it..? Just let your track record (or develop one) that makes you stand out. Book the DJ's that share your vision... Don't go out with your begging bowl which is pretty much what they are doing in a round about way.

Is Vegas REALLY that bad that clubs have to resort to this...??? I dunno, I've never been.

I think some of you need to change your tampon, it just seems like a joke to me.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    Banning a few artists, a couple of genres and internal mixing in serato doesn't guarantee that the club will be any different. For all we know, they'll play Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj (no disrespect to the latter) all night long.
    Precisely. I'd love to see his list of 'approved artists'... I bet there's some shit on that anyway (no disrespect to shit artists).

...oh and, what is internal mixing in Serato anyway? You need a Serato midi controller or rane hardware don't you.

Plus, what's the deal with not using Traktor without "external controllers"... I can rock a set with my keyboard as well as most controller users.

Does this guy know anything about these applications.

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I think some of you need to change your tampon, it just seems like a joke to me.
    I just had a full blood count test, they took 4 vials of blood... so yeah I'm missing a bit of blood

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yet it will still probably be full of people trying to be cool, trying to avoid the uncool... it will be full of hipsters that think they are being 'underground'.

Does nobody get this... I go to 'underground' or non-mainstream clubs. They don't have to make gimmicky signs to get noticed. They just get on with putting nites on and treating their DJ's and their crowd with respect. They don't have to shout about it to look like they are being edgy or not following the herd.

How is anyone seeing this as positive publicity. It ain't. It cheapens the club, makes the owner look like a dick, ego maniac and sends out the wrong message. You may think the actual message is correct but the delivery is all wrong.

I have never seen a flyer that says "we aren't shit, promise" ... which is pretty much what that list is there to say.

You should not have to do this in a decent club, certainly not one that pertains to be 'underground'... If I or any of the bigger DJ's I know was presented with that list our reaction would be "what, you think you need to tell me that".... fuckin disrespectful at the least and down right pathetic.

BUT:
    That list isn't 'really' for the DJ's it's to tell the Vegas clubbers that the club isn't gonna be shit like all the others but why would you have to say it..? Just let your track record (or develop one) that makes you stand out. Book the DJ's that share your vision... Don't go out with your begging bowl which is pretty much what they are doing in a round about way.

Is Vegas REALLY that bad that clubs have to resort to this...??? I dunno, I've never been.
    Is it that hard to believe that there are plenty of people who share the same vision, and that a lot of people are sick of the current "EDM" phase? He pulled a publicity stunt that got the name of his new club all over the internet without him having to do much. He will have a very prosperous business there. I know you have your mind made up on the matter already, but it's really as simple as I just put it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast